Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Making a loaf of bread and took the decision to use a mixer that we have had for decades, that clearly wasn't up to the job. My wife told me that I would **** break it, I told her to button it and just leave me to make the loaf. I have broken the electric mixer and now I have to see if anyone is selling the exact same one on eBay. 

Sounds like the lyrics to one of your country songs 😁😬

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Sounds like the lyrics to one of your country songs 😁😬

Not sure if I should mention it. She still hasn't forgiven me for breaking her favourite glass when we were 19. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Making a loaf of bread and took the decision to use a mixer that we have had for decades, that clearly wasn't up to the job. My wife told me that I would **** break it, I told her to button it and just leave me to make the loaf. I have broken the electric mixer and now I have to see if anyone is selling the exact same one on eBay. 

Buy her a new one for xmas.

"yeah I threw that one out because I knew I was buying you this"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

words removed in supermarket car parks who have no consideration how close they park to your car. Excuse me sweetheart, you can probably see i'm not made of elastic so how the **** am I going to get back into my car through a 3 inch gap. 

It's just the ignorance of people. When I park, I make sure I'm parked in the middle of the lines and cars either side have enough to open doors. These pond life don't even consider that. 

I'm genuinely considering buying a cheapo supermarket/car park/train station car for these situations. 

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Hey @sharkyvilla, you've got a rival here...

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Xela said:

words removed in supermarket car parks who have no consideration how close they park to your car. Excuse me sweetheart, you can probably see i'm not made of elastic so how the **** am I going to get back into my car through a 3 inch gap. 

It's just the ignorance of people. When I park, I make sure I'm parked in the middle of the lines and cars either side have enough to open doors. These pond life don't even consider that. 

I'm genuinely considering buying a cheapo supermarket/car park/train station car for these situations. 

Hope they were wearing jogging bottoms 🤣

But your buying another car just for using to park in such places is SO Marie Antionette of you 😃

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Hope they were wearing jogging bottoms 🤣

But your buying another car just for using to park in such places is SO Marie Antionette of you 😃

Joggers and jeggings!

i don't know what your second sentence means but i'll give you a like as its nearly Christmas. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Joggers and jeggings!

i don't know what your second sentence means but i'll give you a like as its nearly Christmas. 

Yeah, it's a bit obtuse when I think about it now. I meant it to be in the same vein as "let them eat cake" to the peasants.....a kind of arrogant remark and leaning towards an extravagant gesture - i.e., buying a second car just for that kind of parking.

It doesn't really work, does it ? 🥴

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Yeah, it's a bit obtuse when I think about it now. I meant it to be in the same vein as "let them eat cake" to the peasants.....a kind of arrogant remark and leaning towards an extravagant gesture - i.e., buying a second car just for that kind of parking.

I've done some man maths and it would actually save me money to have a cheap second car to do the short runs around (shopping/local drives) than it would be to use my current car for everything due to the Audi having the fuel economy of a nuclear submarine! That includes insuring and taxing the second car.

I know what you are thinking - just get rid of the main car. Well it seems to be appreciating in value at a decent rate at the moment and keeping the miles off it may assist further. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I've done some man maths and it would actually save me money to have a cheap second car to do the short runs around (shopping/local drives) than it would be to use my current car for everything due to the Audi having the fuel economy of a nuclear submarine! That includes insuring and taxing the second car.

I know what you are thinking - just get rid of the main car. Well it seems to be appreciating in value at a decent rate at the moment and keeping the miles off it may assist further. 

I got my car in March, a Merc, nothing special and around 4 years old. It's risen in price. 2k more. I loved ix35's so much part of me want to cash it in and go back to an older Hyundai. 

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Reminds me when we bought a spanking new VW Polo, had to pick it up from Newbury. Stopped off at the services on the way back to grab a chill and coffee. I was slurping my coffee back in the car, when someone parked so close to me, (even though there was about 10 million free spaces in the car park) when they got out, they used my brand new car as a door stop!

If I could, I would have changed into the Hulk. I jumped out and said  " it's a brand new f**** car you ************************. If he wasn't such a big fella I might not have even accepted his apology.😂

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Reminds me when we bought a spanking new VW Polo, had to pick it up from Newbury. Stopped off at the services on the way back to grab a chill and coffee. I was slurping my coffee back in the car, when someone parked so close to me, (even though there was about 10 million free spaces in the car park) when they got out, they used my brand new car as a door stop!

If I could, I would have changed into the Hulk. I jumped out and said  " it's a brand new f**** car you ************************. If he wasn't such a big fella I might not have even accepted his apology.😂

My Dad used to have nice cars... always used to get dinged in car parks etc. He drives around in a 13yo rusty VW Caddy van now. Funnily enough, no-one ever parks next to him now! :D 

• Like 2

I remember quite a few years ago I parked our car and before we could even get out of it a guy parked right next to me and banged my car really hard and walked away.His car was in good condition so I got a 50c coin out of my pocket and ran it down the side of his car.Made me feel so much better.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Xela said:

My Dad used to have nice cars... always used to get dinged in car parks etc. He drives around in a 13yo rusty VW Caddy van now. Funnily enough, no-one ever parks next to him now! :D 

Seven year old focus taxi has the same effect in these parts :mrgreen:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mottaloo said:

seeing as she never said it   , then No :P 

Â