Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

AAAGGGGHHHHH dont **** remind me about new years eve, another reason for me to be a grumpy ****

I despise the falseness of the whole night

the last thing I want is some knob coming over slapping me on the back pretending to be my best mate and wishing me a happy new year when I have spent the last 12 months hating the very fabric of his being, why the fook do I wanto shake your hand and have a pretend conversation with you when I would much rather sit behind you on a bus and wish unthinkable things to happen to you and your family

never been a fan of new years eve

Is that an English idiom too far for you Legov?

Nope, I know what it means :) but I have no idea how it relates to donation because I have never noticed people complaining about it tbh.

I just want a pretty little golden lion next to my name :lol:

In all seriousness though, VT is as a whole I find to be a far better community to talk to than the vapid, frivolous gossipers I'm surrounded by every day. Hence why I feel the need, no moral obligation, to at the very least donate a few dollars.

P.S. I hope that wasn't a dig at my fluency in English :? I am very very adamant that I am an English speaker first and a Mandarin speaker second, it's a critical part of my personal identity.

Nope, I know what it means :) but I have no idea how it relates to donation because I have never noticed people complaining about it tbh.

In all seriousness though, VT is as a whole I find to be a far better community to talk to than the vapid, frivolous gossipers I'm surrounded by every day. Hence why I feel the need, no moral obligation, to at the very least donate a few dollars.

P.S. I hope that wasn't a dig at my fluency in English :? I am very very adamant that I am an English speaker first and a Mandarin speaker second, it's a critical part of my personal identity.

What? Sorry, I just don't understand your broken English...

:lol:

:lol:

Not having a dig at all. Your posts on here contain more fluency and register than most people on here.

Through my job as an ESL teacher I've met many professors of English who have taught and spoken English as a second language for over thirty years. Yet some idioms and phrases genuinely throw them, 'that old chestnut' being a prime example.

Hopefully I didn't come across as patronising, wasn't my intention at all.

its 8:11am

girl 1 and girl 2 have been in the office for literally about 5 minutes and have already gone through the whole xmas party dress conversation and then regailed each other with tails of how excited their darling little idiot kids are too be opening their advent calendars

ive put my headphones in and am blasting some audioslave until 9 o clock so I dont need to listen to their utterly one dimensional converations

I really wouldnt mind but between 4 of them they dont have a single other thought rattling around in not one of their brains

Â