Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I've never tried self-scanning alcohol, does it work? They're supposed to ID you for age, after all.

And how about more than two packs of paracetamol?

In both of these scenario's a message of "assistance needed" goes out requiring a staff member to verify the contents before you can pay/leave.

Is there any reason why someone can't copy a barcode from a tiny pack of bacon and re-print on sticky paper (Small enough to cover the real one).

Print 10 and then put these on 10 big packs of steak for example and scan these through ? Pretty easy to do if rolled up your arm.

Just wondering really. They don't have this facility in Holland.

I've never tried self-scanning alcohol, does it work? They're supposed to ID you for age, after all.

In both of these scenario's a message of "assistance needed" goes out requiring a staff member to verify the contents before you can pay/leave.

Is there any reason why someone can't copy a barcode from a tiny pack of bacon and re-print on sticky paper (Small enough to cover the real one).

Print 10 and then put these on 10 big packs of steak for example and scan these through ? Pretty easy to do if rolled up your arm.

That would only work if it was the same size and weight, else you'd get the dreaded "unexpected item in the baggage area" message.

Isn't assistance only needed on the first item of alcohol? It is in my experience. She comes over, confirms you are either of age or whatever, 'unlocks' the scanner and you're good to go with the rest of them. I've never tried with paracetemol. If I really wanted to kill myself it might require visiting 2 different pharmacies (ZOMG!1!).

If you're going to go to the trouble of doing this and risk getting caught changing the barcode then it might be easier to just go into the store in a big jacket and slip the goods inside it.

That i actually like Neil Warnock! :?
I like him too. No nonsense. Ruffles feathers. Zero tolerance for bullshit(ters). More Colin rocket polishers please.

That i actually like Neil Warnock! :?
I like him too. No nonsense. Ruffles feathers. Zero tolerance for bullshit(ters). More Colin rocket polishers please.

I actually think he is a very good manager tbh. I would be interested to see what he would perform if he was heavily backed in the transfer market.

I've always been torn over Colin rocket polisher. At times he does just appear to be an arse, and he's instructed his teams to do some pretty grim stuff.

But then he'll do something I can't help but like. Like the time he was doing his post match interview and wanted to criticise the ref, but knew doing so would land him in trouble, so pulled out a full transcript of something Fergie (I think) had said after a match to criticise the ref and gotten away with, and read that out word for word.

Â