Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I basically get annoyed by anyone who calls me who isn't

1. my mother

or 2. someone for whom a text would be inappropriate (like a company or something)

• Like 2

On 01/06/2017 at 14:29, AlwaysAVFC said:
On 01/06/2017 at 14:09, BOF said:

I don't have travel insurance.  There may be light at the end of the tunnel though.  They have a facility for reduced cancellation fees and I've sent them a mail explaining the situation and I think it's a scenario they'd be sympathetic towards.  Fingers crossed.

Can always see if they would be willing to change dates depending if its somewhere you will go another time. I used to sort this for people when I worked in a hotel depending on how they booked and the rates on the new dates, wasn't really meant to but hotel was still getting the money and made the customer happy so was all good in my eyes.

Well they've refused.  Pay full whack.  Bad form.  I'm a guest at a wedding that is no longer happening.  But they still obviously want the **** guests to arrive any way.  Cheers you **** words removed :thumb:

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I basically get annoyed by anyone who calls me who isn't

1. my mother

or 2. someone for whom a text would be inappropriate (like a company or something)

This this this this.

And the missus insists on always calling me.

• Like 1

Just now, Paddywhack said:

You called?

Sorry. That sucks, I'm guessing there's a few others in the same boat then?

Dunno.  I assume so.  I'd have thought a cancelled wedding would be one scenario where a hotel would be sympathetic towards affected guests.  Obviously not.  I'll ring them directly and get them to explain their stance to me.  At least make it a little bit awkward for them.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This this this this.

And the missus insists on always calling me.

The only time we talk on the phone is if one of us is away or one of us is driving.

I actually get scared if I get a phone call from her under any other circumstances as I immediately assume something must have happened

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

Pay full whack

15 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

You called?

Sorry to repeat my little joke, but I think it was missed and it hurts. Now that I've repeated it I know it's even less funny, but I feel it's important it's at least acknowledged.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

Dunno.  I assume so.  I'd have thought a cancelled wedding would be one scenario where a hotel would be sympathetic towards affected guests.  Obviously not.  I'll ring them directly and get them to explain their stance to me.  At least make it a little bit awkward for them.

Shit one.

I however disagree and would thought a cancelled wedding would be a scenario where they unfortunately cant afford to be sympathetic. if one guest cant make it for a reason thats fine, they may be able to fill the spot and it wont be a huge loss. If most guests from one night cant make it, they wont be able to fill the spot and will lose out substantially. Or thats my take on it. 

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

Sorry to repeat my little joke, but I think it was missed and it hurts. Now that I've repeated it I know it's even less funny, but I feel it's important it's at least acknowledged.

I've sent you a like.  Godspeed in your quest to win the day!

X-All-The-Y.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, zak said:

Shit one.

I however disagree and would thought a cancelled wedding would be a scenario where they unfortunately cant afford to be sympathetic. if one guest cant make it for a reason thats fine, they may be able to fill the spot and it wont be a huge loss. If most guests from one night cant make it, they wont be able to fill the spot and will lose out substantially. Or thats my take on it. 

It's not til July 28th though.  They're now knowingly filling a proportion of their hotel with bookings that have no reason to be there.  I only wanted a reduction in the cancellation fee.  They've said it's 100% of the 3 night cost.  They're words removed.

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I remember my English GCSE exam. I've never been so angry.

It was on Lord of the Flies.

We studied that **** book for months. Read and analysed every single line. I hate the book because we studied any sort of fun or interest out of it. 

Then we got to the exam. It consisted of one essay question, and that question was on one page of the book. In fact, I can't remember, it might have been even more specific than that, on like a paragraph or something.

Don't get me wrong, I aced it. But I was so annoyed that I spent so long studying every inch of that book and the exam was on one **** page.

mine was the opposite. I hardcore revised a specific set of chapters and they all came up. I could have been screwed.

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's not til July 28th though.  They're now knowingly filling a proportion of their hotel with bookings that have no reason to be there.  I only wanted a reduction in the cancellation fee.  They've said it's 100% of the 3 night cost.  They're words removed.

Yeah, fair enough, i'd* keep pushing them, you must be able to get something out of them. where is it?

*well i wouldn't myself id set my other half on them instead, shes way better at that stuff than me and seems to enjoy it

6 minutes ago, zak said:

Yeah, fair enough, i'd* keep pushing them, you must be able to get something out of them. where is it?

*well i wouldn't myself id set my other half on them instead, shes way better at that stuff than me and seems to enjoy it

I think I'll exhaust my options before naming and shaming :) It's just over an hour south of Birmingham though :) 

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think I'll exhaust my options before naming and shaming :) It's just over an hour south of Birmingham though :) 

Dammit, thought i got myself a free hotel room for a long weekend for a second!

3 minutes ago, zak said:

Dammit, thought i got myself a free hotel room for a long weekend for a second!

There's one going for a reasonable rate ...

2 hours ago, BOF said:

That is bizarre as most hotels around here that are also wedding reception venues operate on the 24hr cancellation policy, I know where Aston n Giselle do for sure.

Keeping it on topic - bloody southerners ;)

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

mine was the opposite. I hardcore revised a specific set of chapters and they all came up. I could have been screwed.

Did the same , sorta made a mockery that I have an english literature o'level grade B based on 4 books I never read 

tbf I read autobiography of a super tramp (one of the books ) many many years later and it was as decent book , but 15 year old me would have hated it had I tried to read it then 

My O-Level revision mistake was with biology. I was utterly hopeless at physics and chemistry, but I concluded I had a chance of getting biology, so I revised the shit out of that mother, neglecting other subjects in my determination to get a science. I had the syllabus down to the last detail. Went in, ready to show my knowledge - and it was the most Micky Mouse exam I'd ever seen. Full of multiple choice questions, with a degree of difficulty along the lines of: 

Mammals suckle their young on 

(a) Milk

(b) Orange juice

(c) Axle grease

Absolute waste of revision time, could have strolled it if I'd gone without any work at all. 

Â