Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Women who have an obsession with a particular animal. It's always women. You know the type, you walk into their office and they have fifty different kinds of model giraffe, giraffe posters on the walls, a giraffe calendar, a giraffe key ring, et bloody cetera. Doesn't have to be giraffes, could be bears. Or cats. Or owls. Or dolphins. You name it.

Grrrr.

The kind of person (fat-chick) who would wear a t-shirt like this?

Dolphin_Pod_T_Shirt_Nature_and_Animals.jpg

The trademark of the person who has given up with people, and has decided to befriend the animals instead.

Distant relation to the "Wolf Fleece"

84392d69c8.jpg

Any sporting such a garment should be shot on sight.

On a similar note...

People who treat pets as a family member, its an animal not a child.

Hmmm. Do you have any pets, Wiggy?

2 cats mate, why?

Just that I sort of agree with you, and sort of don't.

I mean pets DO become part of the family in a way - ours do anyway. But it's true that some people take it to stupid lengths, to the point where they value their pets MORE than human beings, which I think is wrong.

On a similar note...

2 cats mate, why?

I mean pets DO become part of the family in a way - ours do anyway. But it's true that some people take it to stupid lengths, to the point where they value their pets MORE than human beings, which I think is wrong.

Thats what im on about mate, it really really pisses me off. And i dont buy into all this 'the dog loves me' thing, it loves you because you feed it, it roles over because you feed it, it plays fetch because you feed it!

On a similar note...

2 cats mate, why?

Thats what im on about mate, it really really pisses me off. And i dont buy into all this 'the dog loves me' thing, it loves you because you feed it, it

We humans are more stupid than we think ;) we have a tendency to invest feelings into lifeless objects like cars, soft toys etc., and the same applies to pets.

Silly, gullible humans :D

Women who have an obsession with a particular animal. It's always women. You know the type, you walk into their office and they have fifty different kinds of model giraffe, giraffe posters on the walls, a giraffe calendar, a giraffe key ring, et bloody cetera. Doesn't have to be giraffes, could be bears. Or cats. Or owls. Or dolphins. You name it.

Grrrr.

The kind of person (fat-chick) who would wear a t-shirt like this?

Dolphin_Pod_T_Shirt_Nature_and_Animals.jpg

The trademark of the person who has given up with people, and has decided to befriend the animals instead.

I'd sure love to befriend an animal like this :?

Lion---Fierce.jpg

Re: Anthropomorphism, I take your point about ascribing "love" to a dog or cat. Maybe it's the wrong word, but dogs (especially) can be incredibly loyal even to owners that treat them badly - it's a bit more complex than simply "because you feed them", it's more to do with pack animal behaviour - deference to the "top dog", etc.

And my missus feeds our cat considerably more often than I do, yet - to her chagrin - he reserves most of his affection for me.

Human-animal relationships can be quite subtle.

Â