Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I know someone who's going to the wedding procession with a big sign saying, "Kate, show us where you p*ss from".

It remains to be seen how they'll get on, but I'm not backing them for success.

The whole fantasy genre (books, films, games, etc.)

I loved Lord of the Rings, but that was enough. Ten thousand inferior copies I do not need.

It's shite.

I loved Lord of the Rings, but that was enough. Ten thousand inferior copies I do not need.

It's shite.

I'll add anything to do with Vampires and/or Zombies to that if I may.

It's shite.

I'll add anything to do with Vampires and/or Zombies to that if I may.

Certainly, I am entirely in agreement. :thumb:

"I am Throngor, Dark Lord of the S'nith. I come bearing the Sword of Flangewort, which I must thrust into the heart of Blagstang, Thane of the Dragonhorde, who has usurped the House of M'nath, and holds the fortress of Grok, far, far beyond the frozen forest of Mishrigeb, where the evil wolfenbeast stalks the Children of Flimflam, until the prophesey of Kaagdron shall come to pass, and the Princess Startremble takes her rightful place among the Golden Fields of Dripwang".

"I am Throngor, Dark Lord of the S'nith. I come bearing the Sword of Flangewort, which I must thrust into the heart of Blagstang, Thane of the Dragonhorde, who has usurped the House of M'nath, and holds the fortress of Grok, far, far beyond the frozen forest of Mishrigeb, where the evil wolfenbeast stalks the Children of Flimflam, until the prophesey of Kaagdron shall come to pass, and the Princess Startremble takes her rightful place among the Golden Fields of Dripwang".

Keep going Mike, I was enjoying that.

"My own stick? Within my cloak of woven gryth-hide I carry the Stick of Ganflarg, bequeathed me by the dying Lord Pustule. Do not toy with my patience, quarterlings, for my wrath, if unleashed, shall lay waste the Lands of Vilatork, yea, even unto the realm of Ontopic. Begone!"

I PV Pustule, son of Lord Pustule have come to reclaim the Stick of Glanfrag, an heirloom of the Pustule dynasty and gift from the great Gerard Glanfrag, Lord of the kingdom of Livenpol, Earl of Loin and keeper of the mythical Crepe Du Jour. It is with regret that I reveal that the magical stick of Glanfrag was not a gift from Lord Pustule, but it was prised from his dying fingers, after the great betrayal at the enchantedl O'Neill springs. I trust that the Stick of Glanfrag will be relinquished peacefully, for it would fill me to great sadness to unleash the power of the elven prophecy of Shpam upon the lands of Vilatork.

*Childish giggling*

You know, if you padded that out to book length, you could probably publish it and make a boatload of money.

If you can figure out a way to pretend to be a middle-aged lady and write a sex scene or two, you could also write romance novels and make several more boatloads of money.

Plenty of examples of works that were clearly intended as parodies of "genre" fiction that ended up becoming bestsellers... The Eiger Sanction comes to mind:

His first novel, published at the age of forty when he was teaching at the University of Texas, was The Eiger Sanction, an intelligent, gritty and thrilling spy spoof. It became a worldwide best seller. In 1975 it was adapted as a movie directed by and starring Clint Eastwood. Trevanian described the movie as "vapid" in a footnote in his later novel Shibumi. He requested (and received) a screenwriting credit as Rod Whitaker. The balance of the script was written by Warren Murphy, the mystery writer perhaps best known for co-writing the Destroyer series of men's action novels.

Saddened that some critics did not 'get' the spoof, Trevanian followed it with an even more intense spoof, The Loo Sanction.

That said, the movie is actually worth watching

Â