Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The way tapatalk will use a recent gif from a thread as that thread's cover pic even if it was concealed within a spoiler tag. Yes I'm looking at you Game of Thrones :(

• Like 1

The way tapatalk will use a recent gif from a thread as that thread's cover pic even if it was concealed within a spoiler tag. Yes I'm looking at you Game of Thrones [emoji20]

Also, the fact that often the photos or gifs are naff memes...

We arranged for some guys to come in and do some work out the back (guttering, repointing and more). They told us it would be Tuesday, so we warned the neighbours and such. I go out this morning (left at 7) and get back just now to find the workmen erecting (snigger) the **** scaffolding. We have multi-access paths out the back, obviously neighbours hadn't moved cars or locked pets away. I am fuming. The guy saw me arrive back and keeps knocking on the door, I am ignoring him as I am very pissed off. They didn't tell us they were coming today and it's caused no end of problems for us. ALL arrangements were for Tuesday.

The texts to my missus are priceless though. I went a bit mental.

Should it piss me off this much? Maybe not. I don't know.

Edited by DK82

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Something that DID piss me off immensely on Friday evening...

Was driving home from work about 6pm and caught in some traffic and the person in the car in front of me just started throwing rubbish out of their window! I couldn't believe how brazen it was. A sandwich carton, an empty plastic water bottle and a crisp packet. I was stunned! Then I was fuming... I had a sudden urge to accelerate and smash into them! Don't know why! About a mile later I managed to draw level at an island and despite the car having tints I could make out it was a woman about 30, in business attire. Unbelievable! I wish I'd tooted when it was happening but I was too bemused! **** bitch! 

I hate things like that. No need for it.

So I had a curry on Saturday night and the left overs last night and my farts absolutely stink. I described the aroma as 'well seasoned'.

I'm dreading letting rip in the team meeting this morning. There's nowhere to hide in a meeting. Just you, your fart, your colleagues and your shame.

• Like 1

After curry farts are one of the best things about curries imo. The spicier the better, and particularly helpful in the winter when you need to heat up the room.

Edited by Phumfeinz
  • Like 1

In a BBC news piece about Lenny Henry recording a blues album: 

It's a genre which hasn't ever been as big in the UK as in the US. The average British person may well be able to describe its sound and name a few famous blues artists - but not many would have it in their record collection.

Link

Tell that to virtually any British music fan of my generation. I would say that blues has always had more popularity (among white listeners) in Britain than in the US. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Was driving home from work about 6pm and caught in some traffic and the person in the car in front of me just started throwing rubbish out of their window! I couldn't believe how brazen it was. A sandwich carton, an empty plastic water bottle and a crisp packet. I was stunned! Then I was fuming... I had a sudden urge to accelerate and smash into them! Don't know why! About a mile later I managed to draw level at an island and despite the car having tints I could make out it was a woman about 30, in business attire. Unbelievable! I wish I'd tooted when it was happening but I was too bemused! **** bitch! 

I agree I have seen this so many times and it makes me mad. I once saw someone tip their entire McDonald's rubbish (which was substantial) straight out of the window onto the floor in the McDonald's car park when they were actually parked next to the bin they could have literally just put it in. 

I think it's almost inhuman behavior kind of like animals soiling their own den. 

You really want to go and give them hell but you know full well that the kind of person who would do that may also be the kind of person who could pull a knife or something. 

That said my dad who is of that kind of generation once picked up some litter someone in front of us dropped and handed it back to them saying they had just dropped it.  I think they were so flummoxed to have someone pick up on it they didn't say a word 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I would say that blues has always had more popularity (among white listeners) in Britain than in the US. 

Hence an 'Explosion' that reverberated back in the States.

Oh dear Lenny.

I worked with Alexis Korner's boy, Damian, for a bit.

**** - Damian's dead! He burnt his face off in a sauna! Whaaaaat?

Shit. That's depressing :(

49 minutes ago, Xann said:

Hence an 'Explosion' that reverberated back in the States.

Oh dear Lenny.

It wasn't Lenny that said it, it was the dickhead writing the article. 

So I had a curry on Saturday night and the left overs last night and my farts absolutely stink. I described the aroma as 'well seasoned'.

I'm dreading letting rip in the team meeting this morning. There's nowhere to hide in a meeting. Just you, your fart, your colleagues and your shame.

Meet the shame head on by wafting your hands around, making exaggerated inhaling gestures with your nose and telling everyone to get a load of this one. People love self-deprecation and it could get you promoted.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Xela said:

Perfectly acceptable behaviour if driving through Small Heath

Â