Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Certain managers where I work who send people home at the slightest sign of illness.

One guy has come in this morning and mentioned he had a "bit of a headache". He's just said "I think it's my glasses. Looking at my screen is making my head hurt"

His boss all of a sudden says "sounds like a migraine. You should go home. Come in tomorrow if you feel better"

And that's it. The guy is off home, pretty much against his will.

What the ****?

"You can't make friends with salad"

** Pedant  Alert ***

"you don't win friends with salad "

as you were ....

I was going to correct that myself when i first saw it, then realised it would be quite sad!

Well done though...

• Like 2

"You can't make friends with salad"

** Pedant  Alert ***

"you don't win friends with salad "

as you were ....

I was going to correct that myself when i first saw it, then realised it would be quite sad!

Well done though...

I thought long and hard then realised that I couldn't  let someone on the internet be wrong in case it caused the apocalypse , so I took one for the team and a +1 to my sad tally

Certain managers where I work who send people home at the slightest sign of illness.

One guy has come in this morning and mentioned he had a "bit of a headache". He's just said "I think it's my glasses. Looking at my screen is making my head hurt"

His boss all of a sudden says "sounds like a migraine. You should go home. Come in tomorrow if you feel better"

What the ****?

I had a similar thing this year

I had a slight eye infection it wasn't conjunctivitis or anything and my boss sent me home because it was "contagious"

Yeah maybe if he licked my eyeball or something

Edited by AshVilla

At least that is contagious.

This guy just had a slight headache. He wasn't hamming it up to be fair to him or looking to get sent home, he just mentioned that it was his screen and his boss sent him home.

What the ****?

I had a slight eye infection it wasn't conjunctivitis or anything and my boss sent me home because it was "contagious"

I wish I could get sent  home if I just didn't feel like working ........no sick days in nearly 10 years 

What the ****?

I wish I could get sent  home if I just didn't feel like working ........no sick days in nearly 10 years 

You still cheffing MV? The missus is looking for teaching jobs in Dublin, Meath, Kildare & Laois so if I'm ever round I'll pop in.

People who come to work when they're ill.

Yep, my colleague was off the other day, and my boss was being an ass about it.

"I haven't had a day off sick in 10 years"

As if being off sick was a crime.

Well, maybe you should have instead of coming in earlier this year(and probably countless times before) and giving everyone your bug and making other people ill.

• Like 2

What the ****?

Yep, my colleague was off the other day, and my boss was being an ass about it.

"I haven't had a day off sick in 10 years"

As if being off sick was a crime.

Well, maybe you should have instead of coming in earlier this year(and probably countless times before) and giving everyone your bug and making other people ill.

Do you know what? A million times this!

People who turn up to work coughing and spluttering like they're some kind of hero do my head in.

You're not worth a **** today and there's a good chance someone's gonna catch it!!

• Like 1

I'm fortunate that I can work from home I'm not being a martyr, if I've got man flu I'm staying at home, I'd expect everyone else in my office to do the same, that said if I didn't have that option and my place had the Bradford factor or an equivalent then I'd probably be coming in

The only time I call in sick is if being Ill has messed with my ability to sleep

I just drew blood on my thumb and broke a nail (stop sniggering), by missing the hole while chugging laundry into the dryer and jamming my thumb on the side of the machine.

HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE????

Â