Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

But, just in terms of popular bands who everyone knows: Coldplay, Stone Roses, Oasis, Kasabian & Arctic Monkeys all went down hill after their first album.

I would agree with some of those but I actually think the Arctic Monkeys have improved album upon album (and I loved the first one). The last album was very well crafted and showed that Turner's time doing the Last Shadow Prophets was very worthwhile. He took some of the better ideas from that project and added it to the Monkeys energetic magic. I very much doubt he could have written anything as good as 'My Propeller' in his (slightly) younger years. Sometimes maturity in writing is a good thing.

Dont actually have the most recent one, to my shame. But i didnt appreciate the softer tone of the second one compared to the first. Perhaps i'll give it a listen.

Stone Roses for me were shite...ive never understood the whole Ian Brown legend thing?

Maybe musical taste is subjective ?

I think the Stone Roses are amazing and Ian Brown is as talented as John Squire , if not more so . His solo albums alone are worthy enough to class him as a legend .

From anything ive heard from him live, he has a terrible voice.

Love the Stone Roses, but agree that Ian Brown is disappointing live.

Stone Roses for me were shite...ive never understood the whole Ian Brown legend thing?

Maybe musical taste is subjective ?

I think the Stone Roses are amazing and Ian Brown is as talented as John Squire , if not more so . His solo albums alone are worthy enough to class him as a legend .

From anything ive heard from him live, he has a terrible voice.

Theres no doubt his voice is sketchy at best but I find his voice lends itself well to the atmosphere of the song .

Unfinished Monkey Business is a lo - fi masterpiece and Ians unique voice is one of the main reasons for that .

Stone Roses for me were shite...ive never understood the whole Ian Browne legend thing?
I always put it down to the fact I wasn't into drugs and that I've always been told that their music is best listened to while off your face. In which case I'm happy not to understand.

You absolutely don't need to be off your tits to appreciate the Stone Roses. Some of their stuff is immediate, catchy pop at its finest.

I must be one of the only people that think Brown's solo stuff is actually better than his stuff with the Stone Roses.

I'll join you in being camp.

2cf2nt2.jpg

I must be one of the only people that think Brown's solo stuff is actually better than his stuff with the Stone Roses.

Not at all . Given the choice I'd choose his numerous solo albums over the 2 band albums.

His last album was genius .( My Way ) . I can't recall too many artists who could create a concept album based upon the biography of their own careers .

The song Always remember me is just a massive snipe at Squire set to an anthemic melody , all held together by clever lyrical choices that are rarely seen in the avarage artist .

He can't sing in a classical sense but his genius is undeniable . Who else could write a song as majestic as FEAR , where every verse relies on the letters FEAR to start each word in the setence ?

Fallen Empires Are Running .

Indeed they are.

F.E.A.R. is a great track as well.

Cause you spent your school years living in it I assume ?

:D :winkold:

:(

I did spend a lot of time "living" in music as a youth though, still do tbf. Don't like dancing, and won't sing in front of anyone, but I love listening to (and playing music)

Alf, that is a very good one. I diligently wash my cup out every day.

I haven't drunk from a class or mug at home for around 3 years. Weird I know. For that reason, mugs and glasses get dirty.

Class!?

I can't stand drinking from a plastic cup either.

F.E.A.R. is a great track as well.

Cause you spent your school years living in it I assume ?

:D :winkold:

:(

I did spend a lot of time "living" in music as a youth though, still do tbf. Don't like dancing, and won't sing in front of anyone, but I love listening to (and playing music)

Alf, that is a very good one. I diligently wash my cup out every day.

I meant living in FEAR not music. :D

Â