Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I genuinely think they've got a great chance to win the title.

They do have a great chance. They're 3pts behind with a game in hand. They won't win it though.

When a band decide to change their music style for some strange reason, and the resulting 'sound' is utter garbage!!!

Its not broke so dont **** fix it!!!

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Agree with Wiggy...

Name any popular British band, and there's a good chance that, since the release of their debut album, the quality of their music will have gone downhill faster than a cheese at Cooper's Hill.

When a band decide to change their music style for some strange reason, and the resulting 'sound' is utter garbage!!!

Its not broke so dont **** fix it!!!

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Yeah, The Beatles should have stuck with the "Merseybeat" sound. Bob Dylan should have remained a folkie protest singer; and Jimi Hendrix should have stayed with Curtis Knight and The Isley Brothers.

Agree with Wiggy...

Name any popular British band, and there's a good chance that, since the release of their debut album, the quality of their music will have gone downhill faster than a cheese at Cooper's Hill.

The Beatles (see above).

I only said there was a good chance!

Never really listened to enough of the beetles to comment.

But, just in terms of popular bands who everyone knows: Coldplay, Stone Roses, Oasis, Kasabian & Arctic Monkeys all went down hill after their first album.

But, just in terms of popular bands who everyone knows: Coldplay, Stone Roses, Oasis, Kasabian & Arctic Monkeys all went down hill after their first album.

what about The Beatles? :winkold:

We've had this conversation before, and I know I'm in a minority, but I think the Stone Roses' second album is massively better than their debut.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I also prefer "What's the Story?" to "Definitely Maybe".

We've had this conversation before, and I know I'm in a minority, but I think the Stone Roses' second album is massively better than their debut.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I also prefer "What's the Story?" to "Definitely Maybe".

That's fair enough, each to their own.

When I say to most people that I only consider Oasis to have released 1 good album, the answer is inevitably WTSMG, so you're not on your own.

Stone Roses for me were shite...ive never understood the whole Ian Browne legend thing?
I always put it down to the fact I wasn't into drugs and that I've always been told that their music is best listened to while off your face. In which case I'm happy not to understand.

Stone Roses for me were shite...ive never understood the whole Ian Brown legend thing?
It's all about John Squire for me.

They were The Yardbirds of the 80s & 90s, i.e. forget the shit singer, listen to the guitars.

I would agree with some of those but I actually think the Arctic Monkeys have improved album upon album (and I loved the first one). The last album was very well crafted and showed that Turner's time doing the Last Shadow Prophets was very worthwhile. He took some of the better ideas from that project and added it to the Monkeys energetic magic. I very much doubt he could have written anything as good as 'My Propeller' in his (slightly) younger years. Sometimes maturity in writing is a good thing.

Stone Roses for me were shite...ive never understood the whole Ian Brown legend thing?

Maybe musical taste is subjective ?

I think the Stone Roses are amazing and Ian Brown is as talented as John Squire , if not more so . His solo albums alone are worthy enough to class him as a legend .

Maybe musical taste is subjective ?

I think the Stone Roses are amazing and Ian Brown is as talented as John Squire , if not more so . His solo albums alone are worthy enough to class him as a legend .

From anything ive heard from him live, he has a terrible voice.

Â