Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

What pisses me off is that basically an average bloke can lose a few toes in a tragic encounter with an angry weasel then claim the respect of an Olympic athlete, it's about being the fastest or strongest in the world if you have to set up a separate competition then you are not. Plus where are the parachutes?!
And as well as the paralympics there are separate "olympics" just for deaf people - quite possibly also different ones for the blind, the learning-disabled, etc., etc., but I wouldn't know.

I know about the the "Deaflympics" because a friend of mine competed in them (in Taiwan) in 2009. Now this is a very nice lady, who's a very good runner in my club. But even she says she finds it slightly embarrassing, because let's face it, being deaf doesn't really affect your running ability in the way that - say - paraplegia or blindness would. And she's not even profoundly deaf - she has some hearing, but "passed" (failed?) the qualification tests.

She was still delighted to take part though, because it meant the chance to travel round the world, compete in an international tournament and get a cool "Team GB" jacket!

She won bronze in the ladies' marathon BTW (in some pretty severe heat and humidity).

I know about the the "Deaflympics" because a friend of mine competed in them (in Taiwan) in 2009.

Never heard of it.

:clap:

Best before/use by dates. Not the date but the "For best before/use by see lid/label/bottom/side/neck"

You **** stupid bastard words removed. If I'm looking at that crap then that is obviously where you should have put the date. You **** know that is the logical place to look which is why I'm looking there and why you are directing me to look elsewhere for what you should have put there in the first place. Cocksuckers.

Best before/use by dates. Not the date but the "For best before/use by see lid/label/bottom/side/neck"

You **** stupid bastard words removed. If I'm looking at that crap then that is obviously where you should have put the date. You **** know that is the logical place to look which is why I'm looking there and why you are directing me to look elsewhere for what you should have put there in the first place. Cocksuckers.

How about mineral water that has apparently been running down a mountain for millions of years, yet has a use by date.

The fact I need to go on a hike, yet until I find out what's wrong with my ankle and it heals I fecking well can't. Fucksocks.

The BBC's coverage over the events in Japan, and in particular, their love of the phrase "paint a picture", which has been used about 5 times in the last 10 minutes. "let me paint you a picture", "can you paint us a picture", and so on. I've a better idea, cocksucker, how about you just tell us? Seems a lot quicker and easier for all involved.

What pisses me off is that basically an average bloke can lose a few toes in a tragic encounter with an angry weasel then claim the respect of an Olympic athlete, it's about being the fastest or strongest in the world if you have to set up a separate competition then you are not. Plus where are the parachutes?!
And as well as the paralympics there are separate "olympics" just for deaf people - quite possibly also different ones for the blind, the learning-disabled, etc., etc., but I wouldn't know.

I know about the the "Deaflympics" because a friend of mine competed in them (in Taiwan) in 2009. Now this is a very nice lady, who's a very good runner in my club. But even she says she finds it slightly embarrassing, because let's face it, being deaf doesn't really affect your running ability in the way that - say - paraplegia or blindness would. And she's not even profoundly deaf - she has some hearing, but "passed" (failed?) the qualification tests.

She was still delighted to take part though, because it meant the chance to travel round the world, compete in an international tournament and get a cool "Team GB" jacket!

She won bronze in the ladies' marathon BTW (in some pretty severe heat and humidity).

Agreed, it's quite demeaning if you ask me.

The BBC's coverage over the events in Japan, and in particular, their love of the phrase "paint a picture", which has been used about 5 times in the last 10 minutes. "let me paint you a picture", "can you paint us a picture", and so on. I've a better idea, cocksucker, how about you just tell us? Seems a lot quicker and easier for all involved.

Let me widen that one out a bit. BBC new reporting in its entirety. So very very lazy.

I've been skipping math classes (I take private ones) which I really shouldn't be, but I really need a mental break atm. Pisses me off that I'm in two minds about it.

With the deaf though their community is very insular. They pretty much define themselves by their deafness, to the extent that a huge amount of them look down upon people who can hear. There's so many cases of deaf parents refusing treatment to their kids that could restore their hearing because they want them to stay deaf.

It's no real surprise that they'd have their own olympics, and they wouldn't see it as demeaning because they themselves see themselves as being different.

With the deaf though their community is very insular. They pretty much define themselves by their deafness, to the extent that a huge amount of them look down upon people who can hear. There's so many cases of deaf parents refusing treatment to their kids that could restore their hearing because they want them to stay deaf.

It's no real surprise that they'd have their own olympics, and they wouldn't see it as demeaning because they themselves see themselves as being different.

Cool, didn't know that.

That is incredibly selfish on the part of the deaf parents though.

Â