Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Yea i know.

I'm semi competent, I just find learning how to use it by someone showing you, much easier than by reading the online help guides. They just confuse me by going into too much technical detail.

I want simple, apples and oranges examples.

Yea i know.

I'm semi competent, I just find learning how to use it by someone showing you, much easier than by reading the online help guides. They just confuse me by going into too much technical detail.

You mean you want it explained by means of metaphors? :)

• Like 1

Yea i know.

...erm....yep.

But y'know... with the whole "forum" thing going on, I thought I'd add a bit more... ahem.

My complete inadequecy at Excel.

I know what I want, but I'm **** if I understand the language in Excel to get to my goal..

Vectors, arrays, NUMBERS.. OMG DO THEY THINK IM INSTIEN OR WHATEVER HE'S CALLED?

VA can teach you...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I know what I want, but I'm **** if I understand the language in Excel to get to my goal..

Vectors, arrays, NUMBERS.. OMG DO THEY THINK IM INSTIEN OR WHATEVER HE'S CALLED?[/quote

VA can teach you...

Good point!

Where is that poindexter? :lol:

Vectors, arrays, NUMBERS.. OMG DO THEY THINK IM INSTIEN OR WHATEVER HE'S CALLED?

I love excel,  best piece of software I have ever used.

Who is Mr Stein.   :D

• Like 1

It IS very good, I'm just a buffoon on it :)

I basically need to do a lookup or IF function to say;

"If January is the month, then the data cells from January go into the cell"

But I'm too stupid :(

Yea i know.

no , fruits i believe

• Like 1

It IS very good, I'm just a buffoon on it :)

I basically need to do a lookup or IF function to say;

"If January is the month, then the data cells from January go into the cell"

But I'm too stupid :(

In before the Limpid  and his " if only we had a forum where you could ask such a question " post

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

Yea i know.

no , fruits i believe

:lol:

nice one.

Without seeing the spreadsheet, I'd guess you'd want something along the lines of:

=IF((TEXT(MONTH(NOW()),"mmm"))="Jan",A1,"error")

Where A1 is your target cell with the January data and "error" is either the string of text or cell you want returned when it's not January.

Did the shopping today put the flowers & bread on the conveyor belt first ..the absolute word removed in front sploshed her **** handbag right ontop of them when she was going to pay .....I stood there and just said .....what a word removed ....she walked off 

Did the shopping today put the flowers & bread on the conveyor belt first ..the absolute word removed in front sploshed her **** handbag right ontop of them when she was going to pay .....I stood there and just said .....what a word removed ....she walked off 

She must be a VTer to know what the removed word was.

Do people change when they go into hostels?

I'm on a day stay in a hostel in Sofia because my apartment won't be free till this evening but there are a right bunch of drongos about. Walking around barefoot and talking in a weird **** way. "Yeah....I've been traveliiing". Get the **** the **** back to your room and stick a pair of flip flops on you bellend. Stop speaking in a weird way that makes you sound like you're talking in questions.

Incidentally my apartment is cheaper than this shit hole and it's got everything from digital tv to a bike locked outside.

And they've got **** Bob Marley on loop as if he's the **** coolest **** ever. (I love the Bobster myself, it just seems a bit forced here)

On a plus note, the girl behind the reception would recieve all my chode inches.

• Like 1

Welcome to the world of back packers

First up against the wall come the revolution ...

(Yeah I know I promised that position to Snowy but he becomes an honorary back packer in order to speed up the process :) )

Edited by tonyh29

When you're brilliant like I am and whatever you post is liked about a thousand times.

It's cool and all but my phone goes mad with never ending beeping.

Beung popular is really hard guys... :(

Â