The Universe

dont_do_it_doug.

Is the universe infinite and also within this universe does a multiverse exist & are they infinite 

If the universe is infinite then it stands to reason that within this universe are an infinite number of other universes, with an infinite number more being created every moment. The great thing about infinity is that literally anything and everything can, has, and will happen. There is another universe where Paul Lambert sells all of his squad, signs a number of people from VillaTalk and goes on to win the Champions League with them. 

Indeed and there is, in another universe, your post written but the T in Lambert is missing.

Quite big? You struggle with the idea of enormity? ;)

You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Read this:

41RMD1UgUvL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

• Like 2

You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

• Like 1

What happened to the scientists who thought they'd got particles (or whatever it was) to travel faster than light? It's all gone a little quiet. I take it they got their sums wrong.

What happened to the scientists who thought they'd got particles (or whatever it was) to travel faster than light? It's all gone a little quiet. I take it they got their sums wrong.

They were neutrinos, but it was found that there must have been a glitch in the testing procedure.

Is the universe infinite and also within this universe does a multiverse exist & are they infinite

If the universe is infinite then it stands to reason that within this universe are an infinite number of other universes, with an infinite number more being created every moment. The great thing about infinity is that literally anything and everything can, has, and will happen. There is another universe where Paul Lambert sells all of his squad, signs a number of people from VillaTalk and goes on to win the Champions League with them.

Indeed and there is, in another universe, your post written but the T in Lambert is missing.

Incorrect. That's not how it works. There could be an infinite amount of universes where everything is exactly the same.

That monkey/typewriter/Shakespeare thing, basically it's bollocks.

They were neutrinos, but it was found that there must have been a glitch in the testing procedure.

Stupid theoretical physicists!

They *think* that's the case because they can't recreate it. If you're going to tell the world Einstein was wrong you better be damn sure first.

Read this:

41RMD1UgUvL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

*droooool*

Thanks to Stefans GIF I spent the entire weekend thinking/watching/reading about it. I can *just* about get my head around it conceptually. They say there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on earth. Well, you can just about visualise that. Even if there were double, triple, a million times that amount.

It's the space in-between those grains that I'm finding much harder to visualise. Especially when you view the density of a galaxy from a distance and try to imagine that there are light years between its stars.

Yeah, it's **** huge.

Love all this talk.

Recommend watching Stephen Hawkings universe for some interesting insights.

My belief is that the universe will end after a certain amount of time - say 100 billion years because of the big chill, where everything is so far apart gravity has no effect and everything becomes cold and lifeless, eventually leaving no matter at all. Then it just waits for the next Big Bang to happen and it all starts again.

The scary thing is that this may be the first time this process has happened or it could be the billionth time, Thats when the numbers start becoming quite intimating. Add in the fact that there could be millions of parallel universes all doing the same thing and it really blows your mind.

The fact that it would take thousands of years to travel to the nearest stars using current technology when our galaxy is full of billions and there are billions of galaxies in the universe really takes some comprehension

Edited by AVFCDAN

And yet a human being is as much larger than the smallest subatomic particle as the known universe is bigger than a human being.

i.e on the scale of smallest to largest, where you'd probably expect us to be very close to the small end of the scale, we're actually about halfway.

• Like 1

And yet a human being is as much larger than the smallest subatomic particle as the known universe is bigger than a human being.

i.e on the scale of smallest to largest, where you'd probably expect us to be very close to the small end of the scale, we're actually about halfway.

Is that in the book?

Christ on a stick, another must-read, how the **** am I supposed to read them all.

Â