Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I've heard credible rumours regarding kaka's possible move to villa...apparently he does not feel milan is competitive enough and would prefer to move to villa park to experience the excitement of an fa cup game.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard credible rumours regarding kaka's possible move to villa...apparently he does not feel milan is competitive enough and would prefer to move to villa park to experience the excitement of an fa cup game.

April 1st has come and gone mate.

:o

Credible rumours? Kaka could put on a Villa shirt and have a press conference pleading with MON to take him on a Bosman and I still wouldn't believe Kaka had any chance of playing here. You probably should have picked a less elite player to make it credible.

Credible rumours? Kaka could put on a Villa shirt and have a press conference pleading with MON to take him on a Bosman and I still wouldn't believe Kaka had any chance of playing here. You probably should have picked a less elite player to make it credible.

and the fact that it's his first post aswell.....

anyhoo, i was thinking. one of the good things about MON is he keeps his powder dry and doesn't let on who his targets are, so we don't know if we're warm or not. t be honest, any of his signings would be a surprise - look at carew and maloney!

kind of makes this thread redundant. it's still fun though.

we seem solid up front now so i think his rebuilding will begin at the back. GK, RB and DM.

and the fact that it's his first post aswell.....

anyhoo, i was thinking. one of the good things about MON is he keeps his powder dry and doesn't let on who his targets are, so we don't know if we're warm or not. t be honest, any of his signings would be a surprise - look at carew and maloney!

kind of makes this thread redundant. it's still fun though.

we seem solid up front now so i think his rebuilding will begin at the back. GK, RB and DM.

Agreed, I think some signings will come out of the blue. I also think we should be looking pretty heavily outside the premiership. We will in general have less competition from Premiership clubs, and I think we're likely to get a better deal moneywise. I'm very much looking forward to this transfer period and the start of next season.

tbh we kind of knew he was interested in young and maloney before he bought them although carew was a surprise.I keep hearing rumours about luke young.is he any good?sure he has england caps,but so does stewart downing.

:crylaugh:

even if he's in the shirt on the pitch,i wouldn't believe you!

Yeah, I'm undecided on Luke Young. Can't say I've seen alot of him.

For £2m, is he worth it?!

Looks like this might be happening IMO.

yeh, he's good. you just question the fact that can we do better than that?

by the way, i was scrounging through bbc's gossip column and came across this...

Birmingham have joined West Ham, Bolton and Middlesbrough in the battle to sign Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel. (Daily Mirror)

:bonk:

quite abit of intrest in samuel, boy are these clubs going to be disappointed

Get a bit of self esteem into that lad, and we are the ones who will look stupid.

Get a bit of self esteem into that lad, and we are the ones who will look stupid.

Maybe a few years back but we now have a club who can attract a better kind of player than jlloyd could ever become....and I have always been a fan of his!

I doubt it. We know he can play - he just hasn't produced his best for us over the last couple of years. Given a fresh start, I think there's every chance that he'll be a great signing for whoever picks him up.

Personally, I'd rather flog him to someone overseas than see him go to another Premiership team.

:crylaugh:

even if he's in the shirt on the pitch,i wouldn't believe you!

I don't think his intentions were to be believed. I think that was an obvious joke and can't understand that some take such a post as a serious thing. :? that's worse than discussing Eto'o for a couple of pages.

Anyway, I'm very excited about this summer and think we'll get some pretty high profile players in the squad. Have heard rumours about MON mostly looking inside Britain for new players, and quite the opposite too. A bit strange. Hope he looks everywhere. Anything more about that portuguese 21-year old fullback?

I know thant Randy is a rich man with a lot of ambition, but you do not get where we want to go overnight.

Some of the suggestions on here are unbelievable.

I think we will buy four or five players of similar standard to the ones MON has already bought and try go move into the Everton and Spurs group for now.

Some of the world class names would not be interested until Champ.League football is obtained.

I know thant Randy is a rich man with a lot of ambition, but you do not get where we want to go overnight.

Some of the suggestions on here are unbelievable.

I think we will buy four or five players of similar standard to the ones MON has already bought and try go move into the Everton and Spurs group for now.

Some of the world class names would not be interested until Champ.League football is obtained.

exactly

this would be a STEP FORWARD

we are not going to get their overnight...if we aim are standards too high we could look like numptys. im sure MON wont let that happen.....but it did with portsmouth

redknapp went after defoe,barry,petrov and failed in all of them and hes admitted it affected his team building preparations.

some people keep using the word "leftovers" and if a certain player isnt good enough for spurs or everton etc then they arent good enough for villa.

thats the wrong attitude to take in my opinion...if they improve us and are better than the quality we already have then their current club shouldnt matter

id love MON to unearth a few foreign gems in the summer, its been awhile since we have

but as for english based players....i would be very happy if any of Luke Young,Distin,Bellamy,Bent,SWP,Defoe,Boruc,Sidwell (just :winkold: ) joined the claret and blue

This might be a bit off topic but here goes.

This Michael Owen thing on the BBC today about him "staying loyal if none of the top 4 want him". Shepherd has said that none of them want him so he should stay at the barcodes. Why say this at all? Why is it news worthy? I just wonder if a lower club than one of the top 4 has made an inquery (Villa) and Owen is considering it. Otherwise why start shouting and spouting about Owen leaving. Something must be happening. Someone explain.