Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Would NOT want Owen for 5m

Always injured.

His only attributes he ever had were finishing and pace.

He now has no pace, and tries to play like Rooney by dropping deep so people dont notice. As he has no technique this means he does nothing in the game as he cannot beat a man or pass a ball.

For someone who does contributes NOTHING but goals, he doesnt score EVERY CHANCE. He takes about 1 in 3. If you do nothing except score you need to be scoring 4/5 of every single sniff of goal ala Van Nistelrooy in his prime.

erm...what was the question?

oh yeah, NO to owen!

Bent yes please, but for no more than 8m+a few add ons like starting at a world cup game, if it takes more, fine we'll go else where thank you very much.

Charlton can't expect 15M anymore, but I guess 10M will be the price to pay

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would NOT want Owen for 5m

Always injured.

His only attributes he ever had were finishing and pace.

He now has no pace, and tries to play like Rooney by dropping deep so people dont notice. As he has no technique this means he does nothing in the game as he cannot beat a man or pass a ball.

For someone who does contributes NOTHING but goals, he doesnt score EVERY CHANCE. He takes about 1 in 3. If you do nothing except score you need to be scoring 4/5 of every single sniff of goal ala Van Nistelrooy in his prime.

erm...what was the question?

oh yeah, NO to owen!

Bent yes please, but for no more than 8m+a few add ons like starting at a world cup game, if it takes more, fine we'll go else where thank you very much.

Charlton can't expect 15M anymore, but I guess 10M will be the price to pay

Im just a bit worried that buying a player of similar to age to Gabby and Moore could create a bit of ££££ jealously, this could affect their game, especially if it becomes common knowledge that Bent is on like 35k a week and their on 5k each.

I remember MON saying he wants incentive based contracts, this is something that should be implemented through the whole squad.

10m woulndt be too bad i spose.

Owen. Always injured these days. I suppose Bent is a possibility but I imagine he'll go to a big fish, or what HE considers to be a big fish. I see Defoe as far more likely. Does he really fancy continuing to be largely a sub at Tottenham?

Don't shoot the messenger as I personally don't think this is true (so I probably shouldn't post it but I love any snippet of news so I thought others might?)

I have just been told by somebody with inside info (110% honest guv) that we will sign Defoe by this time next week?

I massively doubt it but if we do can I have the scoop :)

If you judge a striker on a goals to games ratio Hunterlaar stands out a mile. He has played 132 games and scored 99 goals!

Id be impressed if it wasnt in the dutch league

I take your point manson but what about Ruud Van Nistelroy?

Don't shoot the messenger as I personally don't think this is true (so I probably shouldn't post it but I love any snippet of news so I thought others might?)

I have just been told by somebody with inside info (110% honest guv) that we will sign Defoe by this time next week?

I massively doubt it but if we do can I have the scoop :)

Anyone got the number for hotel reservations...

I can quite easily see the Defoe rumour resurfacing again strongly this summer. He needs regular first team football which he won't get at SPurs, especially if they sign Bent and I get the feeling he's a player MON rates so we'll see.....