Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defoe would be a very astute signing in my book - would prefer Bent to be honest, but if we sign Defoe I wouldn't be suprised to see Moore go - perhaps someone like Viduka coming in on a free.

ANother excellent shout imo, would be great cover for Carew and proof we don't have to spend fortunes to get good players in.

I see Yaya TOure had a good game last night.....

(cough own goal and sending off :winkold: )

Yeah because one game makes a season!! :roll: , he got an assist and had a dominant game last week!!, but you didn't seem to be "coughing" then!!!,

Is Milner still "miles ahead" of Wright-phillips? :crylaugh:

Young is too attacking to play in a 3 man midfield, if you sacrifice a midfielder to play 3 up front them the three in midfield have to be more solid. I can see the reasoning though, to fit gabby and defoe in the same team, though I can see them being more rotated.

If we have Moore/Agbonlahor, why do we really have to sign Jermain Defoe? At least one of them will reach his ability in a season or two. At least

I am sure some would say the same with Darren Bent, but IMO he has certain capabilities none of the above have.

If we have Moore/Agbonlahor, why do we really have to sign Jermain Defoe? At least one of them will reach his ability in a season or two. At least

I am sure some would say the same with Darren Bent, but IMO he has certain capabilities none of the above have.

Agree on the Bent issue. I'd prefer to have him because he could play with any of Gabby/Luke/Carew. Would still fancy defoe though but only if Bent isnt available.

Also, (although many would not rate this as an argument at all), signing Bent would be a sign of being up there with the big dogs, signing Defoe would just be signing the current 3rd choice of another club.... and the club isn't even amongst the top ones. I imagine this Tottenham fan wandering around here would disagree, according to him they are the wealthiest club with a sure shot at top 4 the next season ;)

Also, (although many would not rate this as an argument at all), signing Bent would be a sign of being up there with the big dogs, signing Defoe would just be signing the current 3rd choice of another club.... and the club isn't even amongst the top ones. I imagine this Tottenham fan wandering around here would disagree, according to him they are the wealthiest club with a sure shot at top 4 the next season ;)

I disagree

Also, (although many would not rate this as an argument at all), signing Bent would be a sign of being up there with the big dogs, signing Defoe would just be signing the current 3rd choice of another club.... and the club isn't even amongst the top ones.

Neither is Charlton infact they just got relegated! :bonk:

Oh and disagree on the rest, in terms of showing intent (not that it really matters) both are pretty decent players.

Don't shoot the messenger as I personally don't think this is true (so I probably shouldn't post it but I love any snippet of news so I thought others might?)

I have just been told by somebody with inside info (110% honest guv) that we will sign Defoe by this time next week?

This info. may well be correct (not the timing necessarily, but the deal itself).

It's looking more and more likely that Bent is signing for Spurs, in which case Villa looks far and away the the most likely destination for Defoe.

Why is that? How do you know Bent is likely to sign for Spurs?

What I mean is; it's pretty daring to say such a thing without

holding any information (and being a Spurs fan) since he is one

of the players we would like to sign the most....

Don't shoot the messenger as I personally don't think this is true (so I probably shouldn't post it but I love any snippet of news so I thought others might?)

I have just been told by somebody with inside info (110% honest guv) that we will sign Defoe by this time next week?

It's looking more and more likely that Bent is signing for Spurs, .

Does it?, and where's that info come from then?, because the media don't seem to be agreeing with that notion!! :roll: