Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I wouldn't complain if we got Kamara. He'd offer something different to the strikers we currently have, and (as said above) would be one of those players who do a great job in the Premiership at the second time of asking.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sutton and JPA are both probably in their final season at the club. As a straight replacement for one of them, yes.

It would be an improvement for the squad, because I don't think these two have contributed much this season. I'm not sure if it would improve our first choice XI.

Koumas is a prem player. Simple. He does have a shocking attitude, the only thing that has held him back. Id have him, MON will sort him out.

Kamara, not sure. Electric pace, and can beat people for fun when confident, ala now. But he cannot finish to a good enough quality and misses easy chances when not confident, ala last year in the prem. Have him for 2m.

You know it's funny, i remember a young French lad who came to the premiership and was written off as "not good enough", then he joined a championship side and scored 30 odd goals and was the main man in his teams title win, then he came back to the prem and set it on fire and earned a transfer to the team who is top of the league right now, what's his name?, oh yeah that's right it's LUISE SAHA :D,

Newcastle wanted to sign him; they didn’t have the money.

You know it's funny, i remember a young French lad who came to the premiership and was written off as "not good enough", then he joined a championship side and scored 30 odd goals and was the main man in his teams title win, then he came back to the prem and set it on fire and earned a transfer to the team who is top of the league right now, what's his name?, oh yeah that's right it's LUISE SAHA :D,

Quite a similar thing happening to Michael Chopra right now too after being let go by the same Prem team.

Giles Barnes would be awesome, from what I have seen from him he is just the right guy for us.

English and extremely skillful, can you ask of more :)

Why buy Kamara and Gera? Both players at a Championship team.

We want to go up, not buy players who have been around for a long time and never really set the world

alight.

Daniel Braaten of Rosenborg Norway. Daniel has told Rosenborg that he want's to leave the club in the summer, as a Bosman-player, and he want's to try his luck abroad.

He is born 25.05.1982, 184 cm high, 85 kg.

As a player he is fast, has good tecnique, and is extremly strong.

He is almost always in the Norway national team squad, and is a "close friend" with John Carew, who calls him his little brother, due to the simularities on and off the pitch.

His "problem" is that he has been injuered a bit, and because of that his perfomances has been a bit unstable.

But he will not cost any money, and in my oppinion an excellent player to get in any team.

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=daniel-br%C3%A5ten

News of the World is reporting we're going to offer Angel plus £8m for Keane.

Not sure how I feel about that.

I've seen that as well. TBH, with all due respect to JPA, I don't see Spurs being remotely interested in him as part of any deal for Keane.

Quite a similar thing happening to Michael Chopra right now too after being let go by the same Prem team.

People seem not to be follow; Saha was not let go by Newcastle. He was on loan. They couldn’t afford the fee at the time. He latterly joined Fulham. Newcastle would have signed him if they could have

News of the World is reporting we're going to offer Angel plus £8m for Keane.

Not sure how I feel about that.

I don't think Keane is worth £8m, yet alone the offer of Angel as well.

Agree entirely, Robbie Keane is so over-rated, Luke Moore is better and has more potential, no pun intended!

I think Angel has a future with us if he wants that, although it will not obviously be playing in the first team very often. However, it's a squad game and we need the numbers.

I think Spurs enquired about taking JPA on loan last season when Mido went off to the African Nations cup. Not sure on Keane, does have the magic to conjour goals out of nothing but isn't consistant enough.

If we're gonig down that route, wouldn't mind a bid for Tevez who was excellent today and I think at the right club where he gets the support he deserves and who are stable e.g. not West Ham, he'd be tremendous.