Where will we finish ?

I've been too busy with other interests and tasks over the past few weeks to update things, but things should calm down over the next few days...

Off Topic advise -type interests? ;)

Ok, when you're ready mate, your audience is here.

• 2 weeks later...

Villa finish probabilities

7th: 0.1%

8th: 0.5%

9th: 3.4%

10th: 15.1%

^^^ Upper 25%

11th: 17.3%

12th: 16.3%

=== Median

13th: 15.2%

14th: 12.1%

vvv Bottom 25%

15th: 8.9%

16th: 5.8%

17th: 3.4%

18th: 1.4%

19th: 0.4%

20th: 0.1%

PL clubs positions in my power rankings through Monday's games

2. Man City

6. Everton

9. Man Utd

11. Newcastle

12. Chelsea

14. Arsenal

15. Liverpool

37. Southampton

38. Spurs

59. Stoke

74. WBA

76. Hull

83. Villa

88. Swansea

91. West Ham

104. Norwich

105. Cardiff

129. Sunderland

130. Fulham

137. Palace

Basically:

* One hundred thousand simulations of the season are performed, using win/draw/loss probabilities determined from a power rating scheme

* The power ratings are determined based on results this season throughout Europe*, with more recent results counted somewhat more than older results. Beating good teams tends to improve one's rating, losing to poor ones tends to hurt it. The ratings are scaled to give a quick idea of how much one team would beat/lose to another by on average over an arbitrarily large number of games played.

*: the basic criteria for determining whether a game could count for the power ratings are:

- games in the CL and EL count

- games in the top divisions of England, Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, France, Portugal, Netherlands, Greece, Ukraine, and Turkey count

- games in those countries' cup competitions which could qualify a team for the EL and where one club is in the top division count

The games that could count are then repeatedly winnowed by not counting games against clubs who have not played at least two countable games until the fixed point of that winnowing is reached (i.e. when every remaining opponent has played at least two countable games)

Dropping 5 points from the next 3 games wouldn't be good bearing in mind the opponents.

I think a win and a draw wouldn't be too bad from the next three. I'm expecting us to lose one of them because that is what we do best. I wouldn't be surprised if it is tomorrow's fixture that we do lose! Think 4 points is probably realistic? Anymore than that = bonus!

I knew we would lose today. I bet we will pick up a draw and a win in out next two. We are just an inconsistent, crap team at the moment. None of our players are quality... In fact, id say 8 out of our starting 11 players today are all actually **** shite.

Edited by Tayls

Â