Nicklas Helenius

bickster

From what I remember, (re. the Benteke injury) Helenius said when he was bought that he had been bought for the nr.10 or winger roles.

I think he has also said more recently that he had been surprised to get even the amount of playing time that he had.

From what I remember, (re. the Benteke injury) Helenius said when he was bought that he had been bought for the nr.10 or winger roles.

I think he has also said more recently that he had been surprised to get even the amount of playing time that he had.

He must have been expecting sweet FA then! How ambitious of him.

I don't even think he has played 90 minutes combined. If he has had more playing time then he expected, how much was he hoping for in the first place?!

He was just happy to be developing and training in a premier league team but wasn't expecting to actually be playing yet.

I don't even think he has played 90 minutes combined. If he has had more playing time then he expected, how much was he hoping for in the first place?!

He was just happy to be developing and training in a premier league team but wasn't expecting to actually be playing yet.

Yes but I'm not really sure still why Lambert went for him if he didn't believe he was anywhere near ready for the Premier League. We already have Jordan Bowery for that.

Yes but I'm not really sure still why Lambert went for him if he didn't believe he was anywhere near ready for the Premier League. We already have Jordan Bowery for that.

Because he believes he'll be a great asset when he is ready?

He played in one or two pre season friendlies - and the spurs game in the cup. I am bit mystified as to why he is so rated  - he just looks like another £1m punt on a player from a lesser league. I don't understand why everyone is chomping at the bit for him to get game time?

Sure we all hope he is another Benteke - but beyonf 'hope' is there any evidence to support that ?

but beyond 'hope' is there any evidence to support that ?

No, from what I have seen so far he doesn't look up to premier league level yet. I wouldn;t expect to see the best of him until the end of the season/ next year to be honest. It's a big step up from from the Danish league.

No, from what I have seen so far he doesn't look up to premier league level yet. I wouldn;t expect to see the best of him until the end of the season/ next year to be honest. It's a big step up from from the Danish league.

Agreed - Just in the match thread people clamouring for him to start - I just don't see anything yet to suggest he is near that level...

You might be right, then again i've seen people state that with a fit Okore in the team we would be much further up the table.

These 2 players are from the same country and league, are about the same age and have pretty much the same number of caps and experience. Yet one of them was expected to have a massive impact while the other can't be expected to be ready untill next season?

Okore was really impressive in some of the CL games, then again Helenius was named player of the season in the league...

For the record i also believe that Okore is closer to the finished article, but i don't think Helenius is miles (or a season) away

He played in one or two pre season friendlies - and the spurs game in the cup. I am bit mystified as to why he is so rated  - he just looks like another £1m punt on a player from a lesser league. I don't understand why everyone is chomping at the bit for him to get game time?

Sure we all hope he is another Benteke - but beyonf 'hope' is there any evidence to support that ?

Its the player-getting-better when he is not playing playing logic. Its like when you play on football manager and when you lose a game the supporters always list the players you have dropped that should be playing. Then when you make changes and still lose the supporters quote the new dropped players!

Â