Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

20 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Playing him together with Guimaraes is what seems odd to me. They both want to do the creative stuff, but maybe not so much of the defensive work. Either one of them plus two more physical & energetic CM/DMs makes more sense in Newcastle's system, I think.

I think that's kind of right but unfortunately we've not had a settled run of games with both Joelinton or Longstaff available. Those two players ar emore than happy to do the hard work and free up Bruno and Tonali to operate in a more attacking role. I think the idea was to replicate the threat we had on the right hand side through Bruno, Trippier and Almiron, but on the left. In so much as Tonali would be right sided with Almiron and Trippier and Bruno would build that kind of relationship on the left with Burn/Hall and Gordon. 

Tonali and Bruno are quite happy pressing opponents, but as you allude to, they much prefer to be creating danger instead of snuffing it out. I think most Newcastle fans were expecting us to go in for an out and out DM. However, I did see something online about Bruno's threat being at it's most impactful when he's joining the attack from deep, rather than when he's already up there. Not sure if that's because of a lack of quality around him, or whatever, but it was interesting nonetheless. 

11 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Look, PIF and KSA are entirely separate entities! 🤥

Also, always worth repeating for visiting fans, but it’s good having you posting on here. Sensible discussion and not on the wind-up (all the time) 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Also, always worth repeating for visiting fans, but it’s good having you posting on here. Sensible discussion and not on the wind-up (all the time) 👍

Agreed @TheFish does seem to be balanced and largely accurate in his comments. Ater initially giving it the biggun on arrival and looking like he was fishing for insults, turned out to be pretty insightful, rather than inciteful.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

What a shocker that is. 🙄 

Wonder how many millions they're paying for that privilege, and what conceivable benefit Saudia get from this sponsorship that would make it worth their money. 

How fortuitous! It probably went something like this:

'Quick, we're about to lose Tonali for a year - we need to find another 50 million ASAP and we're already close to the wire with FFP!'
'Hmmm... Let me just get on the phone to our old pals at Saudia and see if they're interested in extending our deal...'
'Oh boy, praise be to Geordie - I mean Saudi - Arabia!'

On 18/10/2023 at 14:26, VillaAlex said:

Tonali hasn't really settled other than a good start against us typically. Their fans aren't impressed with his performances and think he needs a year to settle in.

A year playing though not sitting on his arse. I do think he was a bit of a strange signing for this league. 

Newcastle wanted Barella first didn't he? He is world class for sure, Tonali more a work in progress really. Not sure if agency represents both players but I imagine they got knocked back by Barella not wanting to leave and Tonali was offered instead.

They do need more depth in that area with Longstaff, Joelinton and Willock all injured this season so far. Got a feeling they might go in for Conor Gallagher in January if Tonali gets banned for the rest of the season.

Edited by VillaChris

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

God everything about this club is absolutely objectionable. Full of scum in every way possible from the fans to the owners. The stadium is overdue a stray hamas rocket. 

The fans are fine - but the rest of it?  Yeah, they need binning off.  Literally everything that's wrong with modern football encapsulated in one club.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Is this the airline that doesn't actually have any planes?

Edit... My bad, they have planes :(

They have planes and I think some routes but haven't started yet, none of the planes have flown

They actually make sense as a big sponsorship push, get their new brand out there

Also think tourism washing is bigger than sports washing, if they can sell SA as a place to be the rest will follow, just like dubai

48 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Is this the airline that doesn't actually have any planes?

Edit... My bad, they have planes :(

They do have planes, but they don't fly out of Newcastle.  Only Manchester and London. 

Official airline partner, who doesn't even fly from anywhere close to the city the club is based in. 

The scummy 6 started this with their "official tractor sponsors", "official second hand tyre distributor", "official door stop partner" and other such relationships. Newcastle just joining the bandwagon, assisted ably by the state that owns them and Premier League that cares more about money than sport.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

They do have planes, but they don't fly out of Newcastle.  Only Manchester and London. 

Official airline partner, who doesn't even fly from anywhere close to the city the club is based in. 

The scummy 6 started this with their "official tractor sponsors", "official second hand tyre distributor", "official door stop partner" and other such relationships. Newcastle just joining the bandwagon, assisted ably by the state that owns them and Premier League that cares more about money than sport.

While it's 'legally questionable' I wonder why more PL teams don't benefit from such deals.

I mean, every owner is a billionaire with some crazy business connections. Why can't Villa have Fortress Investment as an official Financial partner in a £100m deal? 

If Newcastle get away with it, why can't Villa or West Ham? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rodders said:

God everything about this club is absolutely objectionable. Full of scum in every way possible from the fans to the owners. The stadium is overdue a stray hamas rocket. 

Nah. Mike Ashley was awful. These new owners are the absolute opposite of him. 

Â