Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Just to flag neither of the above requests were mine! :lol: 

We do have some whoppers within our support. No doubt they’ll become more exaggerated as the club grows in stature over the next few years.

• Like 2

On 20/05/2023 at 18:05, limpid said:

From the "Welcome forum" where people post an intro to get access to the site.

Poser one:

Poster two:

My guess is that the first is an actual fan, who will soon be priced out of the club he's attended for years. The second is a glory hunter who doesn't understand that no-one cares what you win if it's tainted by dodgy owners.

Not exactly what I hope for. But Villa was brilliant, and LiVARpool as usual use every dirty tricks in the book to win (18 minutes of injury time 🤨). You did something that even United can't. Thankyou Villa.

PS: @limpid Can you please quote this onto you forum, much appreciated

PPS: about the title, yeah I know and I realize that ticket price will soon sky rocketd and I will be priced out, sad

• Like 1

They've taken full advantage of Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs having such 'poor' seasons. 

If them 3 were fully firing, then I'd expect they would be where we are, fighting for one of the last European spots. 

I'd not say their squad is fantastic. They have some talented individuals - Isak especially is a great player - but I'd be underwhelmed if Villa were fielding the likes of Schar, Burn, Longstaff, Jacob Murphy etc... 

Be interesting what they do this summer. All the noise is they don't have the ability to splurge on a load of top names, but I can see the Saudis wanting to make a statement. 

My hope is they wank their budget on Neymar, he totally upsets the dressing room, spends most the season injured and they get knocked out the Champions League ASAP. Howe gets sacked, FFP kicks in and they end up with John Carver to steady the ship. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Qualifying for Europe isn't success.

Elite sport is about winning trophies.

You've signed up for a competition. Well done.

Now go and win it or you're not successful.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Qualifying for Europe isn't success.

Elite sport is about winning trophies.

You've signed up for a competition. Well done.

Now go and win it or you're not successful.

I think our fans would be just as happy if we qualified for the Champions League. 

• Like 2

Just now, LondonLax said:

I think our fans would be just as happy if we qualified for the Champions League. 

Be happy but it isn't success.

You haven't achieved anything.

25 years from now, no one is gonna be thinking about that year you finished 3rd. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

25 years from now, no one is gonna be thinking about that year you finished 3rd. 

Sad reality of what football has become

Spurs being the best example, this huge massive football club who do absolutely **** all every season

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Sad reality of what football has become

Spurs being the best example, this huge massive football club who do absolutely **** all every season

Wenger has f***ed up the mind of an entire nation.

He was the one labeling top 4 as a trophy in the first place.

Madness.

I just don't agree with it at all.

• Like 2

Just like no one is talking about us finishing 2nd in the first year of Premier League.

Who cares?

What we do remember and talk about is when we won the league and the european cup the year after.

Elite sport is about winning.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I'll be celebrating if we get conference and I'd be celebrating if we got CL but that's more as a fan and the idea of away games

Its not the same as winning something, not even close

I'd take the league cup over finishing 4th, I never get the mentality over not bothering in the cups, what spurs are and what they've done in the last decade would piss me off, Newcastle and us should be targeting them next season

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

What we do remember and talk about is when we won the league and the european cup the year after.

Correct.

Would you rather qualify for the Champions League for 10 seasons in a row and win nothing.

Or win the Europa League once and not qualify for the CL the other 9 years?

I know which im choosing.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Correct.

Would you rather qualify for the Champions League for 10 seasons in a row and win nothing.

Or win the Europa League once and not qualify for the CL the other 9 years?

I know which im choosing.

I know which I'd pick also...

But it's not possible. You qualify for the champs league if you win the europa league so you'd have to say not qualify for the champions league for 8 of the other 9.😜

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

That's true, but as Villa fans we go back to the 3 years in a 6th place just over a decade ago as a fairly pleasant memory.

It's a success for them. I'd be partying if I knew we were going to Munich or Madrid next September.

Sure, it's about winning. Personally I am delighted and happy about likely finishing 7th this season. 

I'd party if I was a Newcastle fan. It's a success compared to what they achieved in the past. It's not a success when you compare it to Man City - but it's a success. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

That's true, but as Villa fans we go back to the 3 years in a 6th place just over a decade ago as a fairly pleasant memory.

It's a success for them. I'd be partying if I knew we were going to Munich or Madrid next September.

Sure, it's about winning. Personally I am delighted and happy about likely finishing 7th this season. 

I'd party if I was a Newcastle fan. It's a success compared to what they achieved in the past. It's not a success when you compare it to Man City - but it's a success. 

MON era was a failure.

We had the chance to kick onto the next level but MON decided to waste money on average players on riduculous wages.

• Like 3

On 21/05/2023 at 21:29, MagInPeace said:

Just to flag neither of the above requests were mine! :lol: 

We do have some whoppers within our support. No doubt they’ll become more exaggerated as the club grows in stature over the next few years.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations 👍

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Just like no one is talking about us finishing 2nd in the first year of Premier League.

Who cares?

I'd care immensely if we finished 2nd in the Premier League - are you **** kidding?  It would be an incredible achievement. 

Â