Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

You can tell out of all their defeats this season this one hurt them the most. 

They thought they would come to villa park and roll us over but we battered them in every department and without several key players.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

How patient do you think their owners will be if Howe struggles next season? I think he's set the bar too high for himself, will be hard for him to maintain it.

It wouldnt shock mw of they tried to get emery. They will get the same response spurs got when they tried for grealish

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It wouldnt shock mw of they tried to get emery. They will get the same response spurs got when they tried for grealish

Too late for that now.  Don't think Unai would go, and even if he did, they would have to absolutely smash the world record compensation for a manager which is £21m.

Also, from reports at the time it looked like Emery was interested in signing for them but then it was leaked that he was going to agree which is what put him off.    

How patient do you think their owners will be if Howe struggles next season? I think he's set the bar too high for himself, will be hard for him to maintain it.

Not at all patient. This is the expectation now especially if they spend big again in summer. 

Howe looked completely clueless after the game, it's right they thought they'd come and roll a couple in 2 or 3 nil easy. Instead they got battered from the off and were lucky it wasn't 6-0. That's got to shake confidence to be dismantled so thoroughly. 

Howe mentioned moving on quickly and I genuinely think most of that is due to not having a single clue what happened.

Just now, duke313 said:

Too late for that now.  Don't think Unai would go, and even if he did, they would have to absolutely smash the world record compensation for a manager which is £21m.

Also, from reports at the time it looked like Emery was interested in signing for them but then it was leaked that he was going to agree which is what put him off.    

I don't think he would go either. Why when he is building something wonderful here? Personally i think howe will be sacked if they dont get top four (they will) and they will go for poch

If we're talking value to the club (eg. Grealish worth £100 mil to us and that had to be matched) then you can times that £21 mil by 10 to get Emery 

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Not at all patient. This is the expectation now especially if they spend big again in summer. 

Howe looked completely clueless after the game, it's right they thought they'd come and roll a couple in 2 or 3 nil easy. Instead they got battered from the off and were lucky it wasn't 6-0. That's got to shake confidence to be dismantled so thoroughly. 

Howe mentioned moving on quickly and I genuinely think most of that is due to not having a single clue what happened.

They made the mistake of underestimating us.  And Emery was tactically a few levels above Howe.

The defeat was definitely a blow to their confidence, but I'd expect them to bounce back against a terrible Spurs team.

On 16/04/2023 at 09:56, a-k said:

Went for a Sunday morning browse on some of their forums...one suggested they offer us cash + Wilson for Ollie

Rotfl Lmao GIF - Rotfl Lmao Dead - Discover & Share GIFs Homer Laugh GIF - Homer Laugh The Simpsons - Discover & Share GIFs

Why would they do that? Wilson is the better player remember.

On 16/04/2023 at 03:50, djdabush said:

I thought Howe's comments after the.game were a bit odd. Clearly he's done a great job this season but can you imagine Emery saying that we would do the analysis of the game and then move on very quickly if we got smashed like that?

Every team they will play from now to the end of the season will be taking that performance and using it as a blueprint of how to beat them. If I was Howe I would be spending an awful lot of time going through that and making sure they can make the necessary adaptations.

That's it, Howe probably thinks they just had an off day. In reality they're an average team with an average manager who got outclassed by better players and a mastermind tactician.

Hopefully their upcoming opponents follow Emery's blueprint of how to beat them.

Edited by fightoffyour

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Why would they do that? Wilson is the better player remember.

That's it, Howe probably thinks they just had an off day. In reality they're an average team with an average manager who got outclassed by better players and a mastermind tactician.

Hopefully their upcoming opponents follow Emery's blueprint of how to beat them.

We should share all data and analytics on them with Leicester, do Smith a favour too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I know we’ve had a lot of shit between clubs, but a majority of their fans have been absolute class this week and my respect has grown.

It's a lot easier to be humble when you've just seen your side dicked and have no argument but gracious defeat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's a lot easier to be humble when you've just seen your side dicked and have no argument but gracious defeat

Most teams come up with excuses, I feel their fans have given credit. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Remember all the "we made Grealish look like Messi/Zidane/Maradona" type tweets when he was ripping every team apart. Good stuff.

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

I know we’ve had a lot of shit between clubs, but a majority of their fans have been absolute class this week and my respect has grown.

Mmm..... They'd have been giving it large like these melts.

Or the discussion of Howe being better than Emery.... 

Utter donuts and rightly have gone missing since the game on Saturday as they've been trolled to death in the comments on both these vids. 

2 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

When did we last batter someone like that? Make no mistake the bitterness would have come through if there was a goal or two in it but nobody can make excuses after that thumping

• Like 1

Â