sessions logging out

Skruff

Question

No Idea where I should post this.
But that media football player is the most annoying thing I've seen on a webpage. 
And I wonder why on earth it's there, and what decisionmaking squad decided to put it on auto play, every, damned, single, time, I open a thread on VillaTalk.
It's even been the samed video for the past month! And the volume levels are horrendeus.
Is it possible to have the option to press play yourself? Or atleast have it at a reasonable volume level? Or maybe just use some others adds? I don't know.

Except from that I love the villatalk site. :cheers:

This site has embedded adverts that run automatically. But if you run the site in an old version of Firefox they don't load as you need new plugins to run the stoopid things.

This thread is probably in the wrong forum.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

I think the adverts stop altogether if you donate to Limpid to help with the running costs of the site, obviously with server costs etc and a decent amount of traffic this probably isnt a cheap site to run, so the ads help when a lot of us aren't donating.

I also assume the ads produce more money for the site if they are on autoplay as we have no choice but to start watching them.

Best thing to do is donate or cope with the ads :)

• Like 1

The reason I don't ever go to the AVFC Official site is because of having to hear Jack Woodward in a video which starts automatically.

I donate at VT so it isn't a problem for me, but if I didn't and video's started playing without me asking them to then I'd leave and never come back. 

The reason I don't ever go to the AVFC Official site is because of having to hear Jack Woodward in a video which starts automatically.

There's a lot to lament about the OS, but that is absolutely by far and away the worst f**king thing about it.

And adverts?  What adverts? trollface.gif

• Like 2

I hadn't realised that members of the site would ever want to use the site without logging in.

Purely for my own information, why do you do this?

On my laptop I have it set to auto log in, on my Ipad or Iphone I just view as I can't remember my password lol

It was not my intention to come of as ungrateful, if that was the way it was precieved(spelling??).
I just believe the auto-play function in general, at any website, is a horrendous thing.  Make the experience of browsing quite miserable.
My point in regards to the volume, was that even though I got the volume on the computer on a adequate level the add seems to play twice as high as anything else.

Got an auto-login function on firefox, but doesn't seem to work. I'll make sure I'll log in before I open any posts from now on.
Thanks for the tip, I'm really glad I'll be able to do something about it now. At least I wont be pissed off before opening a thread now  ;)

Also, I'm fully aware of the ads, sometimes I even click em(don't know if it matters) just to support VT as I'm not in a position to donate at the moment.
But I tell you, one day I'll make it rain!

Thanks!

edit: double posted in the same post.

Edited by Skruff

It was not my intention to come of as ungrateful, if that was the way it was precieved(spelling??).

I just believe the auto-play function in general, at any website, is a horrendous thing.  Make the experience of browsing quite miserable.

My point in regards to the volume, was that even though I got the volume on the computer on a adequate level the add seems to play twice as high as anything else.

Got an auto-login function on firefox, but doesn't seem to work. I'll make sure I'll log in before I open any posts from now on.

Thanks for the tip, I'm really glad I'll be able to do something about it now. At least I wont be pissed off before opening a thread now  ;)

Also, I'm fully aware of the ads, sometimes I even click em(don't know if it matters) just to support VT as I'm not in a position to donate at the moment.

But I tell you, one day I'll make it rain!

Thanks!

edit: double posted in the same post.

You don't need an "auto-login function". Just don't logout.

I never log out, but still have to log in on occasions. However I have 6 computers so I wander if you log in on a different machine it automatically log you out of others?

Either that or some of my browsers are setup to auto clear history and cookies on exit.

Â