Christian Benteke

Kwan

No fecking way are city mugging us off again. No cash plus player deals. If they want benteke its £50million + the return of money wasted by us on there cast offs' so 50 + 20million from dunne ireland and given. £70million or they can suck my knob.

So they get Benteke if they suck your knob?

35 million + James Milner (with subsidised wages).

I'd take it!

has to be 35m, Milner and lescott plus wages subsidised.

has to be 35m, milner and lescott and kompany and zabaletta and aguero and toure and and Silva and Dzeko.

I could live with that.

I'd take it! 

Pfffft, just a bit. Daylight robbery.

Personally I think you under-estimate the abilty/potential/value of our Benteke. We have an absolute gem on our hands.

Or alternatively, you think 25m is more than I do. I actually don't see that as being that much in football any more. 

I'd take it! 

Pfffft, just a bit. Daylight robbery.

Personally I think you under-estimate the abilty/potential/value of our Benteke. We have an absolute gem on our hands.

Or alternatively, you think 25m is more than I do. I actually don't see that as being that much in football any more.

:excl: Peanuts nowadays  :excl:  35m plus shipping.

Still, I'd rather keep him!

Surely City will be coming in for him?

1 favoured striker left on the books, with Lewandowski, Falcao (gone) & Cavani all off elsewhere?

This could be a great opportunity for our club. Ge Milner back, make him club captain, and re-invest the rest of the money on Wilfried Bony.

When the goal scoring contribution of a player single handedly keeps his club in the Premiership he has to be worth much more than 25 million. When that player still has 3 years left on his contract, he should not be sold for anything less than a monumentally outrageous figure.

When the goal scoring contribution of a player single handedly keeps his club in the Premiership he has to be worth much more than 25 million. When that player still has 3 years left on his contract, he should not be sold for anything less than a monumentally outrageous figure.

Possibly but then all other clubs would know we had a monumentally outrageous figure sitting in Randys bank account, and will adjust prices on players accordingly who we might want to buy. But yes anything less than 25 mil is a no-no for me, unless Benteke throws a wobbly and goes on strike or something.

My worry is though if we do sell him what percentage of that fee will be given to the manager to replace Benteke? 

Surely it just has to be all of it? If it was less than all of it I would be disappointed.

I sincerely hope we keep Benteke 'PieFace' as he is the best forward we've had since Yorke but i'm not so sure our chairman will be able to resist the temptation to offset some of our debt with part of any revenue we may get from the possible sale of Benteke and i wonder what Lambert's view might be on that should it happen?

Where's this come from? So Man. City have sold Tevez. Some journalist has thrown Benteke's name into a list of possible targets with no concrete signs of interest from the aforementioned plutocrats and suddenly we're getting wound up about how much they will give us when they inevitably lure him away. When I hear they've made a definite bid I'll start to worry.

Where's this come from? So Man. City have sold Tevez. Some journalist has thrown Benteke's name into a list of possible targets with no concrete signs of interest from the aforementioned plutocrats and suddenly we're getting wound up about how much they will give us when they inevitably lure him away. When I hear they've made a definite bid I'll start to worry.

Indeed it is only idle speculation.

But if you take a look at the options open to them, and their obvious need for strikers, then it is reasonable to suggest that Benteke's name will atleast crop up in conversation.

Looking at Europe's top goalscorers in 2013 makes grim reading for any club in desperate need of a top striker:

1. Lionel Messi - Not going anywhere.

2. Christiano Ronaldo - Unlikely to leave Madrid, and would probably be heading to the other half of Manchester even if he did.

3. Christian Benteke - Probably available at the right price.

4. Robert Lewandowski - Wants to go to Bayern Munich and probably will do so next summer.

5. Robin Van Persie - Clearly will not be leaving Manchester United.

• Like 3

Â