Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think there is far too much innuendo and mischief making on this player.Its almost as if there is no problem for him to stay so we will make a problem.

It will be good For Aston Villa and Christian Benteke to just continue with the contract or its improved version in an honourable fashion.

i dont make problems its just the little things

If things a little as that have an effect, I would be disappointed in the character of the player/man.

I was close to Andy Gray in the 70's if that scenario had have raised its head he would have scoffed at it as irrelevant. He would say My name is in their hearts not on the cover of a piece of merchandising.

.... as the old saying goes " don't sweat the small stuff"

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Well, looks like we could have a bidding war. If he went for +£40m it would not be a surprise.

If bale is worth £80m that sets a benchmark

I hope he stays another year, even if we have to do a deal now where he's sold but loaned to us for another 12 months

As others have posted, we hold a lot of cards in the deck. Not all but a lot

It is no surprise that just about every man and his dog will be in for Christian Benteke, that was kind of expected from every one of our fans.

When you finish scoring just behind Ronaldo and Messi is it any wonder we are inundated with speculation.

Christian Benteke has a career to think about, not just jumping ship to satisfy the lust for money at the possible expense of jeopardising what is seemingly a glittering career. 

Paul Lambert is more than aware of that and instead of "wearing the horse out" he is intent on building a young hungry outfit that can grow together showing a young spirit of adventure, that will undoubtedly be designed to enhance Christian benteke's style....If he does leave, it maybe a big mistake.

Paul Lambert will guide CB and I do believe he will not ultimately stand in his way, just guide him, that one season alone with us may do more harm than good.

Christian Benteke strikes me as intelligent....I don't think he will jeopardise his development with a club that just lusts after his goals. he will look deeper than that.

I maybe wrong, we will see.

Well, looks like we could have a bidding war. If he went for +£40m it would not be a surprise.

If bale is worth £80m that sets a benchmark

I hope he stays another year, even if we have to do a deal now where he's sold but loaned to us for another 12 months

As others have posted, we hold a lot of cards in the deck. Not all but a lot

Just 1 card IMO.... The world cup of spades

Why swap the best for something less?

Pathetic.

But the 22-year-old Belgian - who scored 19 league goals in his debut season of English football to save Villa from relegation - is also a target for Atletico Madrid, who have indicated to the Villans they are ready to bid £25million for him, and Arsenal.

Same article also mentions £25m. Still not close to his value but not seen a £25m in a newspaper report yet. 

Edited by Con

The article is so ridiculous. Spelling errors, poor grammar and also stating Defoe being worth £7m.

Throw on top a wage of £70k a week and the article not only suggests a ridiculous move but also destroys any prospect of it materialising.

Clowns.

I think he'll be off to Atletico for £25m. I couldnt care less about this guy as long as we have a decent replacement lined up.

Benteke's agent will ruin his career. I expect him to be playing in Qatar or China in three years time.

Do the Mirror literally just make up shit out of nowhere? Or have ATM really put in an official bid? If he does go ATM would be less of a blow, I don't see it though personally. 

Wish all these clubs would sniff around Michu instead! He's playing for Swansea FFS.

Edited by supernova26

I think he'll be off to Atletico for £25m. I couldnt care less about this guy as long as we have a decent replacement lined up.

Benteke's agent will ruin his career. I expect him to be playing in Qatar or China in three years time.

What an absolute load of nonsense, slagging off our own player who has done nothing wrong and generalising agents. Have a day off pal. Utter crap.

Don't value Defoe any more than Bent, i'd say he's worth about 8 million. So i'd say they would have to offer 25 million + Defoe which still does not sound that appealing. 

I wouldn't accept Defoe at any price. Wages £70k a week on 4 year contract, that's £14,56m. He is 30 years old and has injury problems.  It's a Levy special.

We give them Benteke, they give us Defoe free and pay for his contract for 4 years, after which they sell Benteke for £60m and we have nothing.

They must think Villa is run by idiots.

• Like 2

The most annoying thing is the London media are clearly just out to unsettle the player. We've had this before but this is going to go off the scale this summer. They will do all they can to engineer a move, sky have barely started yet. We'll have some turkey camped outside BH 24/7 come July

• Like 1

Â