Christian Benteke

Kwan

I doubt Lerner would want to do business with them again....after the Downing situation.

If I had to guess who the front runners are then id say BVB, Spurs and Arsenal.

I don't really know what you mean by this?

Selling Downing for £20m was the best bit of selling business that we've done since Lerner took charge.

I doubt Lerner would want to do business with them again....after the Downing situation.

Selling Downing for £20m was the best bit of selling business that we've done since Lerner took charge.

I mean them taking donkeys years to pay the fee, they probably still haven't payed it all yet.

I mean them taking donkeys years to pay the fee, they probably still haven't payed it all yet.

Fairy muff.

I can't understand why Benteke would go to Liverpool

If the bloke has any ambition at all he will avoid them like the plague

He can do so much better at least a club playing in the champions league.

Edited by AshVilla

I also don't think it'd be a good career move for Benteke, even speaking objectively.

He can stay with us for another year, prove himself, then get a move to a top club. He could also be lucky enough to get a move to a top club this summer. Either of which would probably be good for his career, and either way, he ends up at a top club.

Or

He can move to Liverpool and be stuck at a distinctly mediocre club for the next 5 years.

He won't go there. It's only June 5th so far he's been favourite to go to arsenal then spurs then city then athletico Madrid now liverpool I'm sure it will be PSG next week lets just see what happens there's a lot of ifs and buts

He won't go there. It's only June 5th so far he's been favourite to go to arsenal then spurs then city then athletico Madrid now liverpool I'm sure it will be PSG next week lets just see what happens there's a lot of ifs and buts

There's a lot of ifs and buts, but there's also a lot of crap flying around. We know very little so far, everything that has come out so far isn't news, it's just typical tabloid horseshit that's been pulled out of their collective arses. He could leave, but it's far far far from nailed on, don't know why people are freaking out. .

Edited by legov

Still stand by that he is definitely off this window. IMO this would have been put to bed well before now, if there was going to be any other outcome. Liverpool Im not sure would would be his first choice, but would be a massive step us from us. Massive. Any other season, their points tally is challenging for Top 4. They are going to be very good under Rogers imo.

I'm fairly certain no matter what, we will dig our heels in on this one and get another year out of him like we did with Barry when he wanted to leave. First of all, if we are even listening to offers (which I doubt Lambert is because his value is only going to rise), I'm sure we have a number which is the absolute low point to even enter into any negotiations, ie 25m-30m. Realistically for Benteke, I think it is a matter of signing a new deal and getting more money for another year here or staying on his current salary with Lambert being to stubborn to let him go (like MON with Barry). 

Its a fair point regarding Barry. However, MON had a pull himself. One more year and you could get champs league for the club you have been with for a decade. Whats Lambert going to say to Benteke? One more year and you might be able to almost single handedly get us higher than 15th?

I believe they left pretty much as soon as the season finished. Absolutely no time.

If you want it done, It gets done. If my boss said to me I want to to discuss a bumper pay rise with you, Id be round like a shot.

Its a fair point regarding Barry. However, MON had a pull himself. One more year and you could get champs league for the club you have been with for a decade. Whats Lambert going to say to Benteke? One more year and you might be able to almost single handedly get us higher than 15th?

Absolutley. Its also why Liverpool 'may' tempt him. After spending £23m in the Jan window, they look set invest more and will probably be around the top 6 next season, where as Lambert will be saying, 'im trying to bring this Polish bloke in' - Shame really, as I think Lambert is far better manager than Rodgers. But where as rodgers looks to be backed to the hilt in the transfer market, erm well Lambert doesn't.

I believe they left pretty much as soon as the season finished. Absolutely no time.

If you want it done, It gets done. If my boss said to me I want to to discuss a bumper pay rise with you, Id be round like a shot.

Again I agree.

Â