Christian Benteke

Kwan

Our media team say his comments have been misconstrued apparently.

Yes I cant believe he would have said something like that! Totally lost in translation.

I dno, when he signed he basically said we were a stepping stone. Also before we played Arsenal he said 'I am not afraid of making enemies at Villa by saying that i love Arsenal', these are just things that intelligent players do not say regardless of how they feel.

Those comments were misconstrued too - Belgian Guy on here put things right, Benteke simply said Arsenal were one of the teams he watched as a kid and Henry was one of his favourite players (or something along those lines).

1sec im in school atm having exams need to study i will respond later.

Benteke has no time for school BG

idk where those quotes come from but in belgium papers no1 used this quotes wich could state that the quotes are false tbh i think the english media made these quotes up to sel their damn shitty papers -.-

For where we are right now, he really is too good for us. We just have to make sure we get something decent (even if unproven again) as a replacement. In Paul then, I trust.

Our recent history is all about selling our best players sooner or later, one of the reasons we are where we are. I seem to recall (though happy to be called out on it) that in one window, we lost Friedel, A Young and Downing. IMO, we can't really afford to lose CB, AW and Bent. I have faith in the club that this won't happen.  

Wenger or not - if we're not looking to break into the Sky 4 places, then we are back to blind loyalty, going to football out of habit, and controversially, just turning up to watch the opposition. You have to believe that we can... We have to believe it. Sooner or later, some day, it will be our turn again. or damn you all to hell.

Sorry, I got quite beside myself there and went all Shakespeare on you.

FWIW, I think Spurs and Arsenal will be the teams to watch next season. Another shake up at Chelsea, and big time changes at United and Citeh - it's all to play for at the top. It would have been a good opportunity for a club like ours to get in amongst it. But we are not currently in the race.

It would be great to see CB here next season, but if not, good luck to him, and good luck to Paul in finding a suitable replacement.

That's what you get when you cannot hold onto your best players it is a vicious circle and people who say "If (Young, Downing, Milner, Barry, Yorke etc) want to leave then let them and we'll invest the money" failed to see that.

People didn't fail to see anything Richard. People assumed that our previous managers might be able to re-invest the money wisely.

Spurs/ Dortmund are evidence that it doesn't have to be a vicious circle. It's a circle, definately. But you can replace the outgoing players with quality if you have a manager who's decent in the transfer window.

Luckily, we have one now.

im sorry i didnt respond earlyer i am in the middle of my end exames for school il respond later when i'm home

Not a problem at all were lucky we have you to put things straight.

Apparently its from an interview with a dutch site

If but, maybe, misquotes,

Odds against him staying in my opinion. Lets just hope we get a whackin fee for him :-

'Theres only on Charlie Austin'

To be fair though I remember when you were saying he definitely wasn't coming here.

Calm down people. 

Last time Benteke was on duty with the national team, dubious quotes about his future came out then as well. Didn't he and the club claim that he was misquoted at the time?

Just gotta wait and see how all this turns out (which probably won't be sorted for the next few weeks).

Honestly, some of the stuff on here is worse than RAWK  ;)

Calm down people. 

Last time Benteke was on duty with the national team, dubious quotes about his future came out then as well. Didn't he and the club claim that he was misquoted at the time?

Just gotta wait and see how all this turns out (which probably won't be sorted for the next few weeks).

Honestly, some of the stuff on here is worse than RAWK  ;)

I think those who are realistic about the status of this club are more than calm. Not many folk on here then  ;)

Weimann is the key for me. If we can not keep hold of him then we really are more small time than I anticipated. Benteke leaving is inevitable. Way way way too good for us.

Stay and he will guarantee himself a world cup place? Like hes not going to start at a better club!

Edited by Woodytom

im sorry i didnt respond earlyer i am in the middle of my end exames for school il respond later when i'm home

School is more important, don't worry about this in the slightest
bulshit aston villa is moar inportant than scool.

Well i think you are a perfect example of why that is not true:

moar? scool?

hmm. 

Bet you Bentekke didn't do well at school and look where he is now!  Not at the contract table anyway.

• Like 1

Â