Christian Benteke

Kwan

Both Bent and Benteke are players that thrive on crosses and decent deliveries. We often play too narrow and through the middle and therefore cannot sniff out a chance (i.e Fulham). Against Norwich we need to play both B&B up top with at least one of Nzogbia or Albrighton on the wing and they should be told to constantly whip the balls in for the front two.

The kid just needs to be given more time to settle, more patience. He was bought for peanuts, he is very young, but he will score goals. I just hope he is still here when he starts scoring, and isnt chased off by the boo boys, because this kid is going to be huge, he has all the attributes to play at the very highest level. One day he will change hands to a major club for a major fee. I hope the fans of this football club stick with him, stop bloody laughing at him and mocking him, and give him support. If they do, then it will be us that benefits from his goals before he moves on to bigger and better things and we benefit financially too.

Anyone who has seen him playing for Belgium can see just how good he is. So, he has missed a few chances. All strikers do, every single one of them has spells like that. Get behind the lad, let him know he has come to a club with real fans who will support him.

I know, fat chance of that, the boo boys will have their way, as they always ever have done at this club. Our own worst enemies

• Like 2

I do find funny this argument that 'Bent would have scored' the chances Benteke has had for us. The fact is Benteke is getting into goal scoring positions, Bent isn't, Bent isn't getting many chances in front of goal. Now most want to excuse him for this and blame it on the lack of service, so how is Benteke getting his chances then?

Bent is frankly playing like he can't be arsed and is waiting it out until he can leave in January.

Jordan Bowery was purchased for 'peanuts.' Benteke wasn't 'bought for peanuts.' We paid 7m for him so at that level of expenditure we should expect a little more from him than we are getting at the moment since he also comes with international pedigree.

You refer to strikers going through spells of missed chances and there is no argument since it it human nature not to be perfect and players are certainly not robots but where i think the criticism is coming from is that we haven't seen a period of play from him yet where he has consistently taken chances that most strikers would have buried. Conversely it is then hard to accept the excuse that Benteke is suffering from a spell of missed chances when we haven't seen him converting those chances in the first place.

He will rightly be afforded more time but the concern is, with a distinct lack of goals already in the team due to several reasons, could we not have purchased an experienced Premiership striker who would have hit the ground running with us rather than purchasing potential in the hope that he will adapt to life in the Premiership?

Which experienced Premiership Striker Morpheous, and if you say Berbatov, we have had that debate already, we could have gone for Fletcher perhaps but 15million, then their was Doyle linked, then you have Kenwyne Jones. Strikers is not the problem, the problem is we do not create enough chances in the first place, midfield being a soft touch. I can think of points to beat Lambert around the head with but Benteke isn't one!

Which experienced, proven premier league striker was avaliable for that at the time? The only one I can think of was Berbatov. and his wages are way out of our league.

Which experienced Premiership Striker Morpheous, and if you say Berbatov, we have had that debate already, we could have gone for Fletcher perhaps but 15million, then their was Doyle linked, then you have Kenwyne Jones. Strikers is not the problem, the problem is we do not create enough chances in the first place, midfield being a soft touch. I can think of points to beat Lambert around the head with but Benteke isn't one!

Fletcher, Lukaku, Holt, Zamora and Berbatov.

There could have been more available. I'm unfortunately not a football agent.

Sorry have to laugh! Fletcher 15million, you know our outlay was 20million net right. Berbatov we've already discussed 100k London lights. Lukaku, yes the same Lukaku is so experienced that Chelsea wanted to send him on loan, did you see his misses on Saturday against City and has scored one more goal than Benteke however Benteke leads their national side. Zamora, you have heard the song when he hits row Z haven't you. Seriously Morpheous that list is pathetic.

What a ridiculous list.

Apart from Lukaku.

Holt would have cost us more than 5m, no resale value there.

Berbatov, couldn't afford wages.

Zamora, No thanks.

And fletcher would be in the same position as Bent, no service.. Would have bought another striker without buying supply to the striker.

Sorry have to laugh! Fletcher 15million, you know our outlay was 20million net right. Berbatov we've already discussed 100k London lights. Lukaku, yes the same Lukaku is so experienced that Chelsea wanted to send him on loan, did you see his misses on Saturday against City and has scored one more goal than Benteke however Benteke leads their national side. Zamora, you have heard the song when he hits row Z haven't you. Seriously Morpheous that list is pathetic.

Is that the same Lukaku who left most of VT disappointed because we didn't get him on loan. Yes i did see his missed chances against city but he has otherwise been excellent for WBA and one reason why they are where they are in the table. We also wouldn't have needed to spent 7m on him and how many chances has Benteke missed so far but lets just forget about that to suit your debate.

Do you actually know how much our budget was? Remember we also put a bid in for Clint Dempsey just before the window closed so obviously there was more money available than Lambert's expenditure. Lambert has also clearly stated that the chairman made funds available for more Premiership established stars. As it has turned out how many goals has Fletcher scored since his arrival at Sunderland? Not exactly pathetic is it.

I named Zamora because you asked what other Premiership strikers would have been available and i see you haven't said anything about Holt. Why was that. Has he scored too many goals for you to suit your debate?

The Berbatov debate has already been done but he was available to again answer your question and did you see his performance against us. He ran the game and i would debate whether he is on anywhere near a hundred grand. Those wages would eventually bankrupt Fulham, so again not actually pathetic is it.

What i actually find pathetic is that you seem to have claret & blue blinkers on and cannot find fault with anything that Lambert has done even though he has presided over our worst Premiership start ever and has spunked 7m on a striker who seemingly can't hit a barn door from 10 yards while spending further money on players who have quite obviously not improved us.

Is that the same Lukaku who left most of VT disappointed because we didn't get him on loan. Yes i did see his missed chances against city but he has otherwise been excellent for WBA and one reason why they are where they are in the table. We also wouldn't have needed to spent 7m on him and how many chances has Benteke missed so far but lets just forget about that to suit your debate.

Do you actually know how much our budget was? Remember we also put a bid in for Clint Dempsey just before the window closed so obviously there was more money available than Lambert's expenditure. Lambert has also clearly stated that the chairman made funds available for more Premiership established stars. As it has turned out how many goals has Fletcher scored since his arrival at Sunderland? Not exactly pathetic is it.

I named Zamora because you asked what other Premiership strikers would have been available and i see you haven't said anything about Holt. Why was that. Has he scored too many goals for you to suit your debate?

The Berbatov debate has already been done but he was available to again answer your question and did you see his performance against us. He ran the game and i would debate whether he is on anywhere near a hundred grand. Those wages would eventually bankrupt Fulham, so again not actually pathetic is it.

What i actually find pathetic is that you seem to have claret & blue blinkers on and cannot find fault with anything that Lambert has done even though he has presided over our worst Premiership start ever and has spunked 7m on a striker who seemingly can't hit a barn door from 10 yards while spending further money on players who have quite obviously not improved us.

Lukaku has been excellent? The player you seem to be on about is Shane Long, now he is a striker I would have listed down. Lukaku on loan, you remember the we made Kyle Walker good debate, lets purchase our own players and develop them. Berbatov ran the game, are you kidding apart from the first 20mins, I didn't see him after that. As for Holt, an ageing striker, who if we had splashed say 7million on would have seen many fans complain. Also I do have complaints on Lambert as for not purchasing a DM and a CB which was what was required. Also all of the strikers apart from Fletcher have only scored one more goal than Benteke, they are doing fantastic aren't they. I

Fletcher, Lukaku, Holt, Zamora and Berbatov.

There could have been more available. I'm unfortunately not a football agent.

Lukaku and Benteke is almost the same in terms of ability and reputation in international football, except that Lukaku cost 18 mill while Benteke cost 7 mill.

Lukaku missed a sitter that would have won the game for Albion on the weekend. It happens.

I think if we're going to allow Benteke to thrive on some kind of quality delivery, then Bannan must start. He was poor at Southampton, but we miss his spark.

All the forwards will continue to suffer though until we strengthen the midfield.

Â