Christian Benteke

Kwan

I was wondering to myself earlier today and couldn't make my mind up: Just how much have we altered our entire team ethos to play to Benteke's strengths compared to him simplifying his play to fit in with our less than enlightened style?  If that makes sense.  I.e. Is Benteke the Samson's hair of the Villa team?  If he goes do we suddenly fall to pieces and have to rethink how we play from the very top?

Depends on who we get to replace him I suppose. However we look less one dimensional under Sherwood than we ever did under Lambert. Plus Sherwood is looking to improve the whole squad, so maybe Benteke leaving now would be less of a blow compared to 12 months ago.  

Very true.  I think we're all praying that Sherwood isn't simply a terrific sprint starter.  And boy are our knees itchy.

Maybe it's the weird sense of romance the club has reaquired of late but I'm curiously optimistic about the good ship Tim.  I think I'm just really excited about the possibilty of, say, Villa Liverpool semi-final with superior players.  And my God we all deserve a shot of that next season. :)

We'll need 2 strikers if Benteke leaves. Austin is an obvious choice but I think we'd have competition. I would have liked Hernandez but that looks unlikely.

would we? HE doesnt seem to be linked with anybody concrete at the moment

Orlando... MLS

I meant Austin

Would be the biggest mistake CB could make going to them, he has a team here that plays to his strengths, he probably only really shines on average 1 in 3 games but it is less visible with us. He would be in the spotlight in a team that plays in a different style that the forwards have to have loads of movement. He will be under immense pressure and serious fan and media criticism.

Would be the biggest mistake CB could make going to them, he has a team here that plays to his strengths, he probably only really shines on average 1 in 3 games but it is less visible with us. He would be in the spotlight in a team that plays in a different style that the forwards have to have loads of movement. He will be under immense pressure and serious fan and media criticism.

Benteke is more than good enough to score 15-20 goals for Liverpool. He'd be a god up there because they are so starved of any decent footballers.

Benteke is more than good enough to score 15-20 goals for Liverpool. He'd be a god up there because they are so starved of any decent footballers.

Is he though, he is a good player but not the most mobile, they love forwards like Suarez and Tores. capable of creating their own chances, fast, quick feet, and extremely fit. Andy Carrol and Lambert are similar to CB and look what happened there. they just do not play to the strengths of these forwards. How many games have we seen CB strolling round throwing a strop if it isn't working for him, with the media spot light on him it could work or it could be catastrophic for him. Hell of a risk for a player that will not even involve the champions league he desires. 

• Like 1

Liverpool are words removed, want the top wack payment for their players but want to buy players at their own valuation, they need to realise that in the Prem they are not even in the top 4 clubs.

Well you can't blame them for trying.....we need to ensure we are not mug enough to stand for them.

However, I think he needs to go now....he's had his stint with us.

twitter update:

Man Utd bidding 26 million. Throw in Hernandez and its a deal.

Belgian reporter saying we need to give 15% to Genk. I thought it was 10? So around 4-5 million.

Is he though, he is a good player but not the most mobile, they love forwards like Suarez and Tores. capable of creating their own chances, fast, quick feet, and extremely fit. Andy Carrol and Lambert are similar to CB and look what happened there. they just do not play to the strengths of these forwards. How many games have we seen CB strolling round throwing a strop if it isn't working for him, with the media spot light on him it could work or it could be catastrophic for him. Hell of a risk for a player that will not even involve the champions league he desires.

I endorse that....I too like mobile forwards.

He has done a good job for us us, but it's that time, when he and we need to move on.

Football pundits really do show they know nothing about football.

Benteke has just been compared to Andy Carroll.....

thats ok , I'll have a go at that comparison. Andy Carroll is utter garbage and in comparison Benteke is world class and should be worth 75m . Easy isn't it?

Hernandez.

Yeh, because he won't mind coming from Real Madrid to Aston Villa...

Would prefer he went to United over Liverpool.

His currently talking to mls. He said he just wants first team football

Football pundits really do show they know nothing about football.

Benteke has just been compared to Andy Carroll.....

So how much did Liverpool pay for Carroll?......35 mill

5 mill to Genk.....

30 mill to bring in new faces.

Â