Christian Benteke

Kwan

Can't say I'm gutted for him personally, as I don't think he really cares about us given what he's said and done whilst being here.

But I'm devastated as he's a quality player and we can't even sell him let alone play him :(

Absolutely bang on. I couldn't give a flying f*** about benteke missing out on the World Cup. He is probably the most unlikeable decent Villa player I can ever remember playing for us. He is a mercenary who couldn't give two shits about the Villa and although its regrettable we will be without our main striker, I really don't get the notion that we should feel some how sorry for a multi-millionaire footballer who has been largely anonymous for us all season. Its disappointing from a Villa perspective but to feel sorry for him....no chance.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but think about this: If he did go to World Cup and do well, how long before he chucked another transfer request in?? 5 minutes? 10?

Breaking news - all footballers are money grabbing rocket polishers!

Love how fans state he doesn't care etc, tell me which player truly does.

Gabby.

On the games I've seen this season if you judged who cared more out of him and Benteke, Benteke by a long distance.

Not really. Benteke just has more ability and is the better player.

Doesn't mean he cares more.

Gabby.

On the games I've seen this season if you judged who cared more out of him and Benteke, Benteke by a long distance.

So what determines Gabby cares more? Is it because he's born near the ground.

Gabby.

Yes and he supports the club and is our longest serving player having played his whole career here.

He will obviously care more than Benteke who thought we were from London and is an Arsenal fan from Belgium.

Also, Gabby has never handed in a transfer request.

Not that I have anything against Benteke by the way.

Gabby.

Yes and he supports the club and is our longest serving player having played his whole career here.

He will obviously care more than Benteke who thought we were from London and is an Arsenal fan from Belgium.

A few things, Gabby supported Arsenal as a kid, longest serving player, he's in a lucky position as not many other clubs would be in for him IMO. Gabby has never handed in a TR because he's never needed too, as he's been given everything he's wanted anyway.

I do rate Gabby, but I don't buy this notion that he cares more for the club than anyone else.

Didnt realise he ruptured his Achilles. That is not a 6 month layoff.

Beckham had his Achilles surgically repaired by Dr. Sakari Orava in Finland the following day. “He will have to take it very easy during the next two to three weeks or a month, and then he will continue with a recuperation program slowly,” Orava told The Associated Press. “The foot won't take much strain for two to three months.” Orava also said it would be “four months to running,” and another two months before playing. Beckham's spokesman, Simon Oliveira, said the tendon was completely repaired, and he expected Beckham to return to the game. “David is expected to make a full recovery”.

He is younger than Beckham but it will be around that, plus he will miss all of pre-season.

Six months! So he won't be 100% at the start of next season?

Terrible, just terrible...

Could be more, could be less, we don't know if it's a partial or complete rupture do we? If partial it depends how bad it is, could be 4 months, if it's complete then it could be a year before he's back in full training again...

Christian Benteke is feeling okay, after his injury. Agent Kismet Eris to @VTM "He's mentally strong.He knows he can't turn back the clock."

Eris on Benteke: "He wanted to shoot, and suddenly he heared a noise. He thought someone had tackled him from behind." (source: @VTM)

Eris on Benteke: "Even people on the centre line heard the sound of the tendon rupture." (source: @VTM)

Awful, awful injury. :( 

Every case is different but he will need a bit of luck to return with the same pace and power.

He will likely miss all of next season which is devastating for him and us.

Very worrying

I wish him a speedy and full recovery. Thankfully he is young and will get the best care available which maximises his chances of a full recovery.

• Like 1

Didnt realise he ruptured his Achilles. That is not a 6 month layoff.

Beckham had his Achilles surgically repaired by Dr. Sakari Orava in Finland the following day. “He will have to take it very easy during the next two to three weeks or a month, and then he will continue with a recuperation program slowly,” Orava told The Associated Press. “The foot won't take much strain for two to three months.” Orava also said it would be “four months to running,” and another two months before playing. Beckham's spokesman, Simon Oliveira, said the tendon was completely repaired, and he expected Beckham to return to the game. “David is expected to make a full recovery”.

He is younger than Beckham but it will be around that, plus he will miss all of pre-season.

Orava is one of the best in the world, hopefully Christian gets some one on the same level. It may make a difference for a world class athlete.

Unfortunately you'd have to think it's fully blown if it made a sound like reported.

Gabby.

A few things, Gabby supported Arsenal as a kid, longest serving player, he's in a lucky position as not many other clubs would be in for him IMO. Gabby has never handed in a TR because he's never needed too, as he's been given everything he's wanted anyway.

I do rate Gabby, but I don't buy this notion that he cares more for the club than anyone else.

So you don't think that Gerrard cares more for Liverpool than the other Liverpool players?

Nice message from Wilmots thanking Benteke for his contribution in qualifiers and stating he will make sure they will do him proud. Think Belgium have a great unity between players, compare that to England.

How do England not have great unity between players?

Gabby.

So you don't think that Gerrard cares more for Liverpool than the other Liverpool players?

Whats Gerrard got to do with this debate? You asked the question about Gabby caring more and I don't think he does.

Â