Christian Benteke

Kwan

Imagine him not starting v spurs, 30 mins to go 1-0 down he comes on and gets a perfect hattrick showing spurs what they should've spent their money on

Not signing Benteke could end up being an incredibly costly mistake. Soldado has started poorly and cause of his age he doesn't exactly have a lot of time to get it right. If they just miss out on the UCL again the only whole in the squad you'd have to say is striker and it could cost AVB his job. A lot of theoreticals, but basically if the don't make the Champions League and Soldado doesn't pick it up or even they do make the Ucl but keep getting inconsistent striker player it will prove to be a very bad choice. 

I'm perfectly happy he didn't play for Belgium. He will have been training with them and when he comes back he can train with us prior to Spurs. He has had good recovery time, not got injured or had a setback away from Villa as far as I can tell so I'm happy.

Zackly.

he's had 3 to 4 weeks off, has had a physically tough start to the season, and the break will have done him good. Assuming he's now 100% over his injury (which he must have been to be on the bench for Belgium) then I have no doubts he'll start for us at the weekend.

I'm sorry but we never once played Man City 'off the park' at any moment throughout that game.

Correct me if I am wrong Isa but  I can think off at least 3 moments in that game when actually yes we did play them off the park.

Step forward as material witnesses to this fact messrs. El Ahmadi, Bacuna & Weimann  :) 

I'm sorry but we never once played Man City 'off the park' at any moment throughout that game.

Correct me if I am wrong Isa but  I can think off at least 3 moments in that game when actually yes we did play them off the park.

Step forward as material witnesses to this fact messrs. El Ahmadi, Bacuna & Weimann  :)

Anticipated response first one was offside, second was a fluke as Bacuna was aiming for the Holte End and Weimann it was a long ball/poor defending. I find it quite ironic how he states we were played off the park by Man City considering they didn't really test Guzan into a save, they scored from two set pieces, one coming of a players back but no doubt there was some sort of skill that Dzeko intended it to come off his back.

• Like 1

Has the modern football supporter had a collective bang on the head ?

Might explain the nonsense above about 'played them off the park' when referring to 'any' goal scored and the overuse of the word legend for any tom, dick or harry

Might explain the nonsense above about 'played them off the park' when referring to 'any' goal scored and the overuse of the word legend for any tom, dick or harry

I think its what played off the park actually means, I don't think we played Man City off the park, neither do I think they played us off it, yes they had the ball, passed it around a lot, but rarely did they test Guzan in the game. For me played off the park, is when the team has literally been played off the park i.e. there is absolutely no chance of you getting back into it and you actually win the game.

I think its what played off the park actually means, I don't think we played Man City off the park, neither do I think they played us off it, yes they had the ball, passed it around a lot, but rarely did they test Guzan in the game. For me played off the park, is when the team has literally been played off the park i.e. there is absolutely no chance of you getting back into it and you actually win the game.

I call played off the park Spurs in the cup and Newcastle in the league. Couldn't get near either

Man City never got out of second gear but still bossed the game. How we won we'll never know

I call played off the park Spurs in the cup and Newcastle in the league. Couldn't get near either

Man City never got out of second gear but still bossed the game. How we won we'll never know

Spurs I'd agree with but less so Newcastle. But different opinions, I'd agree City bossed the game but IMO never played us off the park.

I've got to say that I'm quite pleased with the respect shown to us by Wilmots to not use Benteke yesterday, as it was a dead rubber game.

I did have my concerns due to us not being one of the 'Big Boys'.

Wilmots recommended us to Benteke didn't he? Think there is respect for most top flight English clubs from a lot of international teams.

I've got to say that I'm quite pleased with the respect shown to us by Wilmots to not use Benteke yesterday, as it was a dead rubber game.

I did have my concerns due to us not being one of the 'Big Boys'.

Wilmots recommended us to Benteke didn't he? Think there is respect for most top flight English clubs from a lot of international teams.

Yep

He will start on Sunday imo. I think it's the right decision as I worry with the pace Spurs have at the back they will comfortably mark Gabby and Weimann out of the game, Kozak should be stood down for this one aswell.

I see this Man. City stuff is still being discussed, yes they were better than us but surely us winning that has balanced out the travesty of the result at Stamford Bridge when we dominated Chelsea in the second half and had a ridiculous run of decisions against us?

• Like 2

Â