Christian Benteke

Kwan

This was worth a laugh this morning

From BBC gossip:

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert believes striker Christian Benteke, 22, will remain at Villa Park despite strong interest from Liverpool.

Full story: Daily Star (external)

In fairness to the rag, the article doesn't seem to mention anything like the BBC tagline.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that this link appeared the day we're playing them. Yep.

Deliberate error. The duty sub-editor is a Liverpool fan. Everyone connected to Liverpool - Lawrenson, Hansen et al. - have been patronising Aston Villa with ever greater fervour since we started playing well. This is just another swipe because a Liverpool fan cannot look down on any other big team except Villa, and Newcastle. Especially Villa though, since we beat them at Anfield last year.

They don't want casual observers to notice the lack of gap in quality between the two sides. They want to feel like they're still above us, pinching players from lower teams like Villa.  Reality is Liverpool are now being gazumped not only by Chelsea but Spurs for their #1 transfer targets.

To pretend they're still supporting the best team in the league the only way to do that now is beat up on Aston Villa.  The current Liverpool fan would have to be very honest to admit their club is now not only out of contention for the title, out of Champions League places, and far off getting a spot in the Europa League... but possibly heading towards the wrong half of the table. 

This Liverpool side without Suarez isn't even better than Everton. In fact, Everton is probably better. Howard = Mignolet. Jagielka and Distin = Agger and Skrtel. Baines > Johnston. Fellaini > Gerrard. 

If given enough support from the rest of the team, no reason why Benteke shouldn't bag a hattrick today.

Edited by Con

"Ondanks zijn imponerende eerste Premier League-seizoen speelt Christian Benteke nog steeds in loondienst van Aston Villa. De aanvaller wilde graag verkassen, maar de Engelse topclubs drukten niet door voor de Rode Duivel. Volgens Tony Cascarino moet Arsenal inzetten op de spits. 

De Ierse oud-voetballer snapt niet dat Benteke nog steeds bij Aston Villa speelt. "Aan het einde van vorig seizoen dacht ik dat hij het grootste target van de zomermercato zou worden. Ik blijf denken: 'Mis ik hier iets?'", aldus de voetbalanalist tegenover Goal.

De voormalige aanvaller van onder meer Chelsea en Marseille probeert Arsenal aan te sporen om de Belg aan te kopen. "Als ik Arsène Wenger was, trok ik mijn bod van veertig miljoen euro op Luis Suárez in. Ik zou dat geld onmiddellijk voor Benteke gebruiken", dixit de oud-voetballer. Benteke is het nieuwe seizoen alvast veelbelovend begonnen. De Rode Duivel scoorde drie doelpunten in de eerste drie competitieduels. "

Lees verder: http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/71890/Als_ik_Wenger_was,_bood_ik_meteen_40_miljoen_op_Benteke_en_niet_op_Su%C3%A1rez#ixzz2cyjuCB5N

laurent-koscielny(arsenal)christian-bent

koshielny shitting his pants XD

kosh: please don't hurt me i have a family

benteke: easy bro i won't bite

Edited by Belgian guy

Nice montage. ;)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/334278/Roma-sets-sights-on-shock-bids-for-Aston-Villa-s-Christian-Benteke-and-Chelsea-s-Demba-Ba-

had to laugh!! Doubt Roma have £50mil+ wish the cockney papers will get it into their heads! he is staying this season!

Weird situation with Roma, the american owners arrived with a big fanfare saying they were loaded and would invest. So far they've not done much to back that up and most of the fans think they're full of the brown stuff. In theory tough, if you believe the owners then the cash is there. Roma aren't in the champs league though this year and you'd think now he's signed a new contract next step would be a CL club for Benteke. Can't see the Ba deal at all though, Benteke would be a great addition to the Roma side and he'd have Totti and Lamela making chances for him. 

Looks like bullshit to me though even though there's a few italian sites with the story on it. For em far more likely if Roma can managa a CL spot this year and move next summer. That's a big ask though, only 3 spots in serie A now and they were a long way off seriously pushing last year.

Totti is 37 and Lamela is leaving for Spurs, no signor?

• Like 1

Can't believe he missed that chance against Pool to draw the game. Perfect height for the goalie.

normally thats a goal but mignolet saved it...

One thing I've noticed, and correct me if i'm wrong. It seems as if he prefers going for the more difficult angles (which is is usually good at to be honest) as a pose to the big empty space. For the Mignolet save I thought he should have gone at the wide goalmouth but as usual chose the near post acute angle.

I think it's foolish to make some point of that finish, it's all about instinct when it happens that quickly and when you are pressed by the defender. He carved out a good strike but it was also pretty easy for the goalkeeper as long as he chose to stand up like he did. Had Mignolet hesitated or waited to see if he went for the left corner, then it would have been a goal. Benteke acts instantly and just tries to get power on it, no time to think or act differently. A combo of good defending and goalkeeping kept that from being a goal, more than not it would have been 1-1.

Â