Christian Benteke

Kwan

From Benteke's Facebook...

Dear fans, I can proudly announce that I signed a new contract with Aston Villa FC - Official. Last season I worked really hard and I hope I fulfilled the club's expectations, for which I also want to thank all the fans who supported me. Therefore I decided to renew my contract with The Villans! I hope to do even better this season and to help Aston Villa become one of the most important teams in the Premier League again.

• Like 1

“I think we had a really good conversation and I was full and frank with him and, in my opinion, the best thing for him was to stay at Aston Villa for another year.”

PL

Hmmm so a year is a long time but the fact he says only another year kind of goes back to us only expecting him to stay one more season, which makes the extension seem a bit odd.

Not really, by full and frank he probably means "I told the lanky piece of p!ss that he isn't going anywhere and to sign the fvcking contract extension so that when we sell him next year we'll still get a decent fee."

Meanwhile, Sylla was delaying Kismet in Caffe Nero (Sutton Coldfield) before purposely taking him on a detour in the Yacoubamobile. By the time they arrived at BMH it was too late and Benteke was signed, sealed and delivered.

I dream of getting a ride in the Yacoubamobile. 

Where's Woodytom, with his "People said I was negative, I said I'm realistic. And I was right" ...

Well now this has happened, it makes you negative Tom ;)

Did he really say that: "I was right"?  Good grief.  Reminds me of the kind of thing Alan Partridge would say.

Can someone please do the honours of going through the whole thread, pulling out every poster that says 'GET REAL, HE'S GONE'... 'I'VE KNOWN FOR MONTHS, HE'S NOT STAYING'..... 'GET OVER IT, HE'S LEAVING'.... etc etc etc

And then quote them all here, so we can get the mods to put 'Miserable pessimist' as their VT title please? :D

WOOOAAAHHHHH CHRISTIAANNN BENTEEEEKKKKKEEEEEEEE

(we take it all back Christian....)

(no.. scrap that.... we were just joking with you)

UTV !

ooops ..its only opinions..... delighted he staying

On a serious note I am proud of the club for the way they have handled the whole affair. No player is bigger than the club and Bentake knows had he made things difficult he would spend the summer training with Ireland, Bent and co.

Well done Lambert and Lerner. Hats off to you.

Was going to re=follow him on Twitter but his account doesn't seem to exist anymore.

he never had a twitter account - the one you are thinking of was a parody.

He had an official twitter mate.

Was going to re=follow him on Twitter but his account doesn't seem to exist anymore.

he is on twitter... @bentekechris20

If i wasn't posting via a virgin media superhub, you'd have got that message faster

• Like 1

he is on twitter... @bentekechris20

If i wasn't posting via a virgin media superhub, you'd have got that message faster

Cheers lads, I tried searching for him but only the fake accounts showed up :/

Â