Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'm really pleased that this has all been sorted not just because he's a great player but also because it would've been a shame for such a great player to leave under a cloud like that. At least now when he leaves (probably next season) it will hopefully be to a top club for a massive fee, not some tinpot outfit like Spurs.

• Like 1

It was fate that he would sign for us, one might say kismet

Very good!! For those who don't know kismet means fate.

I wonder if Lambert dropped a few transfer targets to turns CB's mind! Can't wait for the New season to come utv

Semi-interesting that when he handed in transfer request it was a 'top story' on the sky sports news app and was the lead story in the football section.......now that he's signed we're not on the top story page at all and third down the list on the footy section.

Guess sky are just as upset as spurs that they haven't signed him, tossers

It's their top news story on the news channel. Ahead of the (boring) Ashes and Negrado to Man City. It's been running top all evening.

Had a little feeling he would stay after seeing the pics of him out and about with the fans yesterday. 60k (The Sun) a week isn't to be sniffed at either. It's also good for football that a player like him doesn't join the bench warmers at the "top" clubs. 

I hope the fans are ok with him you can't blame the guy for trying to better himself we all do it in our careers. We've game him a nice increase to reflect his peformances. Yes 20k a week is enough for anyone but it's all relative.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 1

That is pretty bloody amazing work by Lambert and co.  CB arrives for training on the Thursday with speculation rife and signs a new contract on the Friday.  I'm worried that he has been locked in a room for the last 30 odd hours or possibly in a Daiye Spa?  However they did it, I am suitably impressed.

Those spurs fans must feel a bit deflated ay? Especially Mr tattoo at bh......how **** small time now cocoa?

Lambert and Faulkner have played spurs and the red tops to perfection, how are they gonna explain How hot spurs failed to close the deal, being such as super **** club .......UTV

Seriously tho what if a bid comes in. I'm delighted but I'm not gonna get over excited until transfer widow closes.

There's no chance in hell of him going now.

How do you know. What if a 25M bid comes in and we accept. He can still leave but now he will get a sign on fee.

Seriously tho what if a bid comes in. I'm delighted but I'm not gonna get over excited until transfer widow closes.

There's no chance in hell of him going now.

are you sure everyone has a price tag staying for now is big move as his price tag will go up that's why he signed.

Dont be silly mate, it would now take a bid of well over £25m and we'd still probably reject it. He's here for at least another year. If he has a good season and world cup, then yes he will go

Sorry for still being a pessamist guys but after years of supporting villa I'm used to expecting the unexpected. After we hired Mcliesh I believe anything can happen.

I for once can't wait until the transfer window closes.

The fact that Lambert doesn't respond properly to the 'will you bring in any more players' question, makes me think that we will. Pretty sure if we weren't after anybody he would outright say it.

Â