Christian Benteke

Kwan

This is what has happened.

Spurs want him

They tap him up

Leak stories to the press.

Tell his agent he can earn 3x the money.

They get the thumbs up.

PROBLEM the agent tells them we want 25m+

They cannot afford this and convince the greedy agent and naive Benteke to hand in a transfer request.

They tell Benteke Villa will panic and sell for 10m less.

They tell him this will assure a bigger wage.

He falls for it.

Spurs pile on media pressure for a week.

This culminates with the transfer request.

We don't back down and they shit themselves.

Now comes the stories how Benteke is worth the 15m and how we should feel so lucky, so happy and excited they - the mighty spurs want to buy him.

As much as we don't know the facts, I'd be surprised if it was much different from this.

A gullible, impatient, ambitious, some might say greedy player lead by an agent who appears to have made a huge cock-up.

If CB was on £50k per week, I'd be worried. Being on £20k/week should make a big difference to our stance.

I still cant believe he wants to go to Spurs

There is no doubt they are currently ahead of us. However they are a very mediocre club and who in terms of history aren't in anything like our league. I also think that with in the next 2 - 3 years if Lambert stays with us and what he is trying to do comes off then we will again be ahead of them.

I am sure at the moment he sees them as a stepping stone and a fast track to eventually going to a really big club.

Much as I would like him stay. Id be happier if we just got him sold and invested a decent wedge in a new striker. What I fear happening is that he moves close to the end of August - and we don't get a replacement in. - A scenario which may not displease Randy Lerner though.

He triples his wage ('only' doubled by little old Villa), its in 'that there larndan' and he'll have been convinced he's the final piece of their jigsaw. He'll also be able to sit in the Emirates to watch midweek games.

Edited by brommy

This further clarifies my thinking re. the Benteke situation.

Care to share what your thinking is? I am sure we could all do with a chuckle.

dont bother mark it will be more deluded condescending patronising shit not doubt

Much as I would like him stay. Id be happier if we just got him sold and invested a decent wedge in a new striker. What I fear happening is that he moves close to the end of August - and we don't get a replacement in. - A scenario which may not displease Randy Lerner though.

In your eagerness to sell, how low would you go?

Hi guys.

To be honest i thought this was going to happen mid season, i noticed Benteke's bad vibes from his body language a few times when the ball wasnt running his way dunno if anyone else noticed this?. Also I don't thing he's that great and his attitude stinks, didn't he go on record at the end of the season and say he would give us one more season?, what really gets me mad is he waits till the new kit launch passes then drops the transfer request in, I wonder how many people have gone out and splashed money on a new kit with his name on it?.

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the back of him now :) IMHO when he scores a goal to me it's just a goal , when gabby scores a goal it feels more special it almost brings a tear to my eye because I know how much that goal means to the lad.

• Like 1

There is no doubt they are currently ahead of us. However they are a very mediocre club and who in terms of history aren't in anything like our league. I also think that with in the next 2 - 3 years if Lambert stays with us and what he is trying to do comes off then we will again be ahead of them.

I am sure at the moment he sees them as a stepping stone and a fast track to eventually going to a really big club.

Spurs are now where we were 5 years ago, just outside the top 4. Question is whether they gamble on spending big to gatecrash the party.

My guess is they won't and therefore Benteke can do much better than join them.

Why wouldn't that displease Lerner?

Well considering it would jeopardise our PL future and that of the manager I think otherwise. 

Why wouldn't that displease Lerner?

Please, let us not drag this into a 'Lerner will be glad not to replace a player because of the fee and wages' debate.

The problem is these fans of the top 6 clubs wouldn't have watched Villa or Benteke much they are just interested in "Super Sunday"  matches so they have no idea of how good he is or what his true value should be, it's ignorance.

For example some people tell me Lukaku is as good as or if not better than Benteke, now I find that very hard to believe but I don't take much interest in West Brom matches so I am ignorant to give my opinion on this. 

Those who have watched Villa and Benteke in all his matches know he's the real deal and under £25 million is an insult. Top European goal scorer in 2013. Scored or created 49% of our goals. Trust me that's a huge amount. And only 22....wow.

It's sad league position dictates how big a club are these days. Are Spurs really bigger than Villa with their shity stadium and no European Cups?

This deadline we've put on the transfer I wouldn't give much credence to that. A "big" club come in with £30 million on the last day of transfer window and he wants to go, can you see him staying in that scenario? Nope. 

Spurs you would think unlikely due to their relatively low wage structure and reluctance to break their transfer record again. Pellegrini has said City want a striker. Higuain to Arsenal has gone a bit quiet too. I wouldn't rule Arsenal out at all.

Quite a smalltime sounding post there, pal.  It was around  a mere four  years ago that Villa were challenging for top four and the mighty spuds were battling relegation.  I wouldn't fall into the trap of labeling clubs on league position because nothing is fixed in stone.  

In your eagerness to sell, how low would you go?

I am not eager to sell. I m about to spend  over £1k on 3 season tickets  - and thats a decent whack on my salary. I would love to sit there with my lads watching Bentekke pile them in.

History suggests that in this scenario - the player gets his move. So Id rather get it done and get a new striker bedded in for next season. In answer to your question if we could conclude sale and replacement quickly - I would go as low as £22m - that still trebles our money.

If the 25m valuation isn't met he stays at Villa - simple. 

But there is no such valuation it seems - at least not one set by AVFC. In which case, how do you (or anyone else on VT) know what the club will or will not accept? Isn't it all just subjective opinion, with no factual backing?

Why are Spurs looking to buy a £15m striker. You can't buy shit for £15m. Talk about lack of ambition at a club!

• Like 2

Â