Christian Benteke

Kwan

Everyone keeps mentioning 80million for Bale therefore 30 milion for Benteke.

How about they fleeced us for 4-5 million for Hutton so 40 million for Benteke

If I'm honest, they got fleeced for £9m when they bought Hutton, we can't really blame them for taking advantage of McLeish.

You do know that Villa could have said no. They didnt fleece us for anything. We made a cock up of it. Nothing to do with Tottenham's stubbornness.

I said Tottenham got fleeced for £9m, read my boy, read!

I was quoting both posts

I made no such definitive statement concerning Benteke as i simply don't know why he is leaving. Look at the posts i quoted and my reply was a general answer to those posts about our ability to build a team.

You on the other hand have made a definitive statement on why Benteke is leaving and in doing that you have again driven yourself into a corner which you're now trying to get out of.

Answer the question. How do you know the reason for Benteke leaving is due to wages?

Yes you did

Team who have over the last three seasons flirted with relegation. Club chairman who is more interested in wage structure than the investment needed to push us on. (Lack of investment in January very nearly rebounded on us). Lack of investment could also be construed as lack of ambition by players and agents alike. Manager trying to restructure the club on a limited budget with youthful inexperience which could also be seen by players and agents as trying to do the impossible in a league run and based on investment which equates to continual lack of success.

Which equates to players continually wanting to leave and not giving us the chance to build a team which has enough quality to challenge for the success that will actually keep the quality players at the club.

I don't see Benteke's name there so i made no definitive statement concerning the reasons why Benteke is leaving. You on the other hand did so i'll ask the question again.

How do you know the reason for Benteke's transfer request is down to wages?

The implication was clearly, who else would you be talking about when you say "players continually wanting to leave"?

How do you the reason for Benteke's transfer is down to the things you listed?

I'm not saying we got a bad deal I'm saying that we didn't stand firm and make them stay.

We sold them all - could include Barry in this

Doesn't every club sell. It's like saying Spurs held off on Modric one season but then sold him the following season. The problem is not who we have sold as I have mentioned numerous times, It's how we've replaced them.

60 million for 3 players, 2 with a year left on their contract each and Downing a good player at best. Interestingly all 3 have not done as well at new clubs than they did at Villa

Apart from winning the FA Cup and League championship medals of course.

• Like 1

I'm not saying we got a bad deal I'm saying that we didn't stand firm and make them stay.

well you include Barry then thats 3 players with 1 year left on contract. cant make them stay

60 million for 3 players, 2 with a year left on their contract each and Downing a good player at best. Interestingly all 3 have not done as well at new clubs than they did at Villa

true but I meant in personal individual performances

Think he means they haven't really progressed into top drawer like important aspects of a side like Platt and Yorke were for there respective clubs.

• Like 1

Of course we won't do this we will lie down like a wet salmon and take it.

Did that happen with Young, Milner and Downing?

Yes it did 

I really don't agree. We got £17m for Young, which is only £7m less than the best striker in the league in the exact same situation. And we all knew Young was overrated by the press and what do you know, he's been terrible for Man Utd and they generally can't stand him.

We got £26m for Milner. Albeit some of that value was Stephen Ireland, but we were happy with getting Ireland at the time and come on, that's a ridiculous fee for Milner. And again, he hasn't been that good for Man City.

As for Downing, you don't need me to tell you that £20m is nothing short of daylight robbery and it was almost ungentlemanly to accept such a stupid offer from a moronic club...

Doesn't every club sell. It's like saying Spurs held off on Modric one season but then sold him the following season. The problem is not who we have sold as I have mentioned numerous times, It's how we've replaced them.

This is correct the major factor is not what has happened its how to deal with it going forward and how we replace

I think of an offer of £25m comes in (+bonuses / sell on fess etc) we should sell as he obviously doesn't want to be here and we can re invest.

However what if an offer doesn't come in. Would people want him 'rotting' in the reserves or integrated back into the squad and first XI?  

I think Zatman meant individually better seasons, not won something as part of a team.

• Like 1

Spudz thinking 15 mill will be enough made me chuckle.  I imagined Levy as Delboy convincing Mr Kismet that a transfer request would force the Villa to drop the price by 10 mill then Levy turning to his associate and saying “Rodders, pull the 3 wheeler out front and take Mr Kismet to the station…..lovely jubbly”

Â