Christian Benteke

Kwan

If he's going to go i'd rather he go now instead of it turning into a Summer transfer circus.  We can then use that money to invest into the squad as i'm sure with that money Lambert has already got a replacement lined up and will have money spare to invest in a midfielder as well.  We'll benefit nothing by having him here at start of season only to leave on the last day of transfer window 

• Like 1

Of course any fan can be concerned about losing a player especially a very good one but many have stated on here that they have faith in the manager to do well in the transfer market so that faith should then translate into Lambert replacing Benteke with similar quality.

As Trent already explained, one can have complete faith in the manager while still fear the loss of the team's best player, in this particular case one of the best Villa players in decades. This seems like nothing more than petty point scoring to me.

Read my post again Mantis where I've already agreed that the fanbase would be concerned with losing a good player and your rebuttal on point scoring is yet again more than a tad ironic.

So if you accept that fans can be concerned with losing a good player then why add in that little dig at people who have faith in Lambert's transfer policy?

What irony? There's absolutely no attempt at point scoring from me there.

I think Villa would want around £35M for Benteke and i really cant see someone paying that amount after 1 good season...very unlikely but he could be a one season wonder.

Therefore iam 99% sure he is staying.

One guy at H&V with 30 posts says that Benteke hasn't flown to germany cause of a cold and evrybody goes crazy..sigh

Some people need to be better at critical thinking.

The more this drags on the less i'm starting to like Benteke, if anything his silence on this is worse than declaring either way his intentions

How is it? Are you telling me you'd rather have him throw his toys out of the pram and say he wants to leave than just keep his mouth shut?

I think Villa would want around £35M for Benteke and i really cant see someone paying that amount after 1 good season...very unlikely but he could be a one season wonder.

Therefore iam 99% sure he is staying.

One guy at H&V with 30 posts says that Benteke hasn't flown to germany cause of a cold and evrybody goes crazy..sigh

Some people need to be better at critical thinking.

He didn't fly out with the squad, he flew by himself a few hours later.

Benteke has done nothing wrong in all this. He's causing no problems. He's keeping his options open and he has every right to do that. It wouldn't surprise me if he signed a new contract with us at the end of the window when he realises that no one will match our asking price.

• Like 2

Ok I am not ITK however what I do know is that Benteke is happy at Villa but is just seeing what happens this summer.

This is second hand knowledge from someone who sees him for 10 minutes a couple of times a week but I do know it is true.

On a side note my own thoughts...... why sign a deal for 40 or 60k a week early and weaken your bargaining point if a big transfer is possible? 15 weeks at 20k rise 300 or at 40 rise 600k that's peanuts to what the lad will earn in his career.

The more this drags on the less i'm starting to like Benteke, if anything his silence on this is worse than declaring either way his intentions

Not sure he is obligated to actually declare any intentions to be fair to him

Not sure he is obligated to actually declare any intentions to be fair to him

That's a fair point but when you look at the likes of Michu who has declared he's staying at Swansea next season so they know exactly what they need to do in relation to building the team then it does get frustrating a bit...

It would be nice dont get me wrong.  It would also be nice to think that we ,  as a fan base,  are not as insecure as those Swansea fans and so do not need the constant reassurance that we are not going to get dumped for someone better looking.  So insecure that our continued asking the question becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Those pour Swansea fans needing that all the time,  glad we arent like them !

Ok I am not ITK however what I do know is that Benteke is happy at Villa but is just seeing what happens this summer.

This is second hand knowledge from someone who sees him for 10 minutes a couple of times a week but I do know it is true.

On a side note my own thoughts...... why sign a deal for 40 or 60k a week early and weaken your bargaining point if a big transfer is possible? 15 weeks at 20k rise 300 or at 40 rise 600k that's peanuts to what the lad will earn in his career.

Bloody hell, He doesn't last long does he. Hope he gets his moneys worth!

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

Bloody hell, He doesn't last long does he. Hope he gets his moneys worth!

lol I just hope if we sell Benteke that we get our moneys worth unlike Bent for 5 million!

I was thinking of suggesting Ba as part of the deal too, but what wages must he be on? 80l a week? Maybe more?

That's a huge jump from Benteke's wages, even if he takes a pay cut

And he is not as good, imo

Completely agree

Just got word from Kristof Terreur that Benteke travelled separately to the team because our training camp isn't too far from the Belgian border, in turn being not far from Liege where Benteke's family home is.

I guess he flew to Belgium to see his family before meeting up with the rest of the team.

Clears that one up at least!

Just got word from Kristof Terreur that Benteke travelled separately to the team because our training camp isn't too far from the Belgian border, in turn being not far from Liege where Benteke's family home is.

I guess he flew to Belgium to see his family before meeting up with the rest of the team.

Clears that one up at least!

No chance he could have done that during his extended holiday?

Â