Christian Benteke

Kwan

Woody you sound like you want Benteke to leave just to say you was right. 

Yes my constant praise of him being the best player I have ever known at Villa (bar Dwight Yorke) must have brought you to that conclusion.

Or maybe it was the number of times I have said - 'I will be delighted to be wrong' that gave it away?

I think it's more that you hate having to say anything positive about the club, so getting rid of Benteke would clear up that particular issue for you

• Like 1

Still would be totally gob smacked if he stayed. Surely there are not too many reasons left as to why he has not signed a contract yet if he is so happy to stay another year.

Was thinking the same thing myself. If he wanted to to stay he'd had signed a new contract by now

I can see why people would assume that, but on the other hand the opposite may be true.

Its very likely that the new contract has been sorted and it just needs the players signature. Now i know somebody wil say he could fax it, but Benteke signing will be big news for the club and they will want to publicise it. For that, you need the player.

He returns next week, and if no news comes from Villa Park early in the first few days, then it will be time to worry.

Is Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath the only places in the world you could publicise Villa news?

Im pretty sure when it comes to Benteke signing, and the impact it may have on ST sales, then in this case yes.

The club will quite rightly milk it until dry. If no news breaks early next week, then i will be worried.

EH??

:Here Dad, Benteke has signed a new deal

:Great, I will get the season tickets in

:No wait, he did not sign it at Villa Park or Bodymoor Heath

:Oh well then, we will sack it.

Understand that it is important to promote it but I am sorry, I am just not buying that the location is imperative.

To be honest even if he signs a new contract you'll only start saying he only did it for the money and that he will be off next summer anyway. You really do try and give everything a negative slant. Maybe try and stay positive about Benteke until he's posing in another teams colours?

I don't think he'll sign a contract until it is clear that a top, top team will not come in for him. Per everything I've read attributed to him and his agent it seems that is what he would leave for.

How long that will take - I'm not sure.

The only news we would have heard this week was if a bid had been accepted. Much like with Carruthers et al this week they didn't sign the contract 'til they reported back; the same will apply to Benteke if indeed there is a contract waiting that he is willing to sign.

We will get an extra year out of him and sell him next summer.

I don't think he will sign a new contract though.

Really hope you call this right LL. That is how I expect things to turn out too, but football being football means there is no shock factor or surprises anymore.

If it transpires that we are both wrong then I just hope we hold out for a minimum £35M -£40M.

Am still 85-90% confident he will remain at VP though for at least 1 more year.

To be honest even if he signs a new contract you'll only start saying he only did it for the money.

Like I have with Weimann?

You really do try and give everything a negative slant.

Simply not true.

Maybe try and stay positive about Benteke until he's posing in another teams colours?

If its all the same with you, I think I will make my own decisions on what opinions I have.

I think it's more that you hate having to say anything positive about the club, so getting rid of Benteke would clear up that particular issue for you

Like I say, simply not true. I would love to say how great everything is at the minute. However, i don't believe it is. For me it could go either way at the minute. I don't see how getting rid of Benteke would clear anything up for me. I would be disappointed. We would lose a great player.

In regards to his holiday, he's probably been on holiday for about 2 weeks. He will report back for training on Saturday along with anybody else who was on international duty so I guess we'll begin to hear a bit more after that.

In regards to his holiday, he's probably been on holiday for about 2 weeks. He will report back for training on Saturday along with anybody else who was on international duty so I guess we'll begin to hear a bit more after that.

lets hope so, though I am really not that confident.

Weimann went on International duty and holiday and came back well before training started to sign. For me, the difference of a player who really wants to stay.

thats rubbish. He still has 3 years left on his deal, which is a long time. have we even offered him a new deal

I am not sure what part of that indicates that Benteke is desperate to stay here. Surely your not suggesting it is good that we can hang on to a player who isn't 100% happy being here?

has he said he was unhappy here,

has he been offered a new deal,

has he made a transfer request

fact you keep trying to make negativity out of nothing is getting quite boring man

• Like 1

When is Stephen Ireland back off his holidays? He's been away for at least 3 years now to the best of my knowledge.

• Like 1

I don't see how getting rid of Benteke would clear anything up for me. I would be disappointed. We would lose a great player.

But just think of all the negative stuff you could say then! That'd make up for it surely

• Like 1

Weimann went on International duty and holiday and came back well before training started to sign. For me, the difference of a player who really wants to stay.

In your opinion, lets be honest not the most glamourous of clubs would have come in for Weimann, it was obvious he would stay. Benteke is different, he's behind Ronaldo/Messi in goalscoring charts for 2013, he's wanted by clubs. His negotiation and signing of contract was always going to be tougher than Weimanns and if you can't see that then theres nothing else I can say.

• Like 1

I totally agree with you on that, If we hear anything at all it will be just before we Fly out to Germany on Sunday 7th, Will Benteke be on the plane?

I don't see how getting rid of Benteke would clear anything up for me. I would be disappointed. We would lose a great player.

But just think of all the negative stuff you could say then! That'd make up for it surely

Yeah i suppose. Can't wait.

In your opinion, lets be honest not the most glamourous of clubs would have come in for Weimann, it was obvious he would stay. Benteke is different, he's behind Ronaldo/Messi in goalscoring charts for 2013, he's wanted by clubs. His negotiation and signing of contract was always going to be tougher than Weimanns and if you can't see that then theres nothing else I can say.

Who says I can not see that?

My point is Weimann really wanted to stay. I understand Bentekes circumstances are different but if he really wanted to stay it would not matter what clubs are after him. 

Edited by Woodytom

Yeah i suppose. Can't wait.

Who says I can not see that?

My point is Weimann really wanted to stay. I understand Bentekes circumstances are different but if he really wanted to stay it would not matter what clubs are after him. 

The point is though, there is nothing to say heis really desperate to leave either.

We will not sell him without a massive offer. No club is going to make that massive offer based on one season in the PL.

He will stay with us a second season. If he performs well again and doesn't suffer from second season syndrome the big offers will come in and we will let him go with our blessing.

Everyone is happy.

• Like 1

The point is though, there is nothing to say heis really desperate to leave either.

For me, there is more that points to him leaving than staying. I suppose it is all about how you perceive it. 

For me (though for some reason people see it as negativity), I look at it based on trends....

Villa have a habit of selling their best players

There are a number of clubs linked who can offer more than we can

He is yet to sign a new contract

He is yet to say that he wants to stay

In the past, those behaviours have led to a player being sold.

Thats not enormously negative imo. Its just an opinion I have made based on experience. Other people seem to want to focus on the world cup argument and the fact that we have been told he is not for sale (though we have been told that before). That's fine. Atm, neither argument is right or wrong.

Â