Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Tbh I wont give them to Bacuna .. I want his confidence to be high as he is already good in free kicks ..

Anyway in hard games I would start Bacuna as rb with Lowton as rw instead of andi ..

Our most technical players are Bacuna Benteke Lowton Helenius Tonev and maybe Vlaar and Delph ..

Playing lowton in Andi's position is pure bonkers???!!?

though wouldnt agree myself but think he means Lowton extra defensive nous could be handy against the better teams

I think Leo's a better defender than Lowton, especially on 1v1's. Don't even remember the last time he got beat, and was immense against Cardiff defensively in the first half especially. That said, I'd still like Lowton back as he'd make a great wingback if and when we go down the 3-5-2 route again.

I think Leo's a better defender than Lowton, especially on 1v1's. Don't even remember the last time he got beat, and was immense against Cardiff defensively in the first half especially. That said, I'd still like Lowton back as he'd make a great wingback if and when we go down the 3-5-2 route again.

With Lowton and Luna, I like 3-5-2. It can be a quite attacking system as well, if you want.

With Lowton and Luna, I like 3-5-2. It can be a quite attacking system as well, if you want.

There is no such thing as 3-5-2.

In that formation, the "3" all sit centrally. That means there is acres of space out wide - especially at Villa Park (one of the biggest pitches in the PL). Inevitably, the wide men in the "5" end up dropping to cover the space, meaning you really start playing a 5-3-2 instead.

Having so few bodies ahead of the ball, then, means you end up camped in your own half with your midfielders desperately trying to shut the ball down. When they do, they have 4 other people in front or around them, and 6 behind (including the keeper). The ball tends to go backwards and we continue to play in our own half until, under decent press, we hoof it up to the forwards for the cycle to begin again. This is what we saw in that abomination against West Ham.

I hate the formation. 4 at the back gives us better shape and a variety of options in front. (4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, etc).

There is no such thing as 3-5-2.

In that formation, the "3" all sit centrally. That means there is acres of space out wide - especially at Villa Park (one of the biggest pitches in the PL). Inevitably, the wide men in the "5" end up dropping to cover the space, meaning you really start playing a 5-3-2 instead.

Having so few bodies ahead of the ball, then, means you end up camped in your own half with your midfielders desperately trying to shut the ball down. When they do, they have 4 other people in front or around them, and 6 behind (including the keeper). The ball tends to go backwards and we continue to play in our own half until, under decent press, we hoof it up to the forwards for the cycle to begin again. This is what we saw in that abomination against West Ham.

I hate the formation. 4 at the back gives us better shape and a variety of options in front. (4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, etc).

You're right, if we don't control the ball and try to be more dominant. I'd like us to try that against some of the weaker opponents. To me it seems to give a lot of options going forward, and is actually quite a courageous tactic, if played that way.

Whan we're playing Manu and sitting back all the time, what you say will happen. But then it's 5-3-2 all along.

Interesting how Lambert highlighted in the week how he might have a tendacy to be too cocky, then when he did the sky line up he did this flashy side pose, his first half performance kind of smacked of I'm the guy who does the free kicks, wasn't as disciplined as he has been of late.

Pulled his socks up though second half, but wasn't at his best.

Interesting how Lambert highlighted in the week how he might have a tendacy to be too cocky, then when he did the sky line up he did this flashy side pose, his first half performance kind of smacked of I'm the guy who does the free kicks, wasn't as disciplined as he has been of late.

I may be wrong but I believe those sky lineup short videos are done prior to the season (unless they're signed in August) and his billing back them would be as a wide midfielder. I think most wide midfielders are told to stand side on in these clips.

He had a bad game for the first time since moving to RB, I wouldn't read read too much into it.

absolutely. Given where he came from the standard he was playing at, the fee paid and the fact that he was perhaps the least exciting summer signing I think he's been phenomenal for us

He had a bad game for the first time since moving to RB, I wouldn't read read too much into it.

absolutely. Given where he came from the standard he was playing at, the fee paid and the fact that he was perhaps the least exciting summer signing I think he's been phenomenal for us

I'm not having a pop at him, I think he has been great for us, my point was lambert brought up in the presser that he has to keep an eye on him because he can be over confident, I thought he was exactly that in the first half, the sloppy ball summed that up.

I like bacuna but I think he is a shite full back.

But all of his best performances have been at full-back so far.

I think he is better on the right handside of midfield. He is poor defensivley

I'm not having a pop at him, I think he has been great for us, my point was lambert brought up in the presser that he has to keep an eye on him because he can be over confident, I thought he was exactly that in the first half, the sloppy ball summed that up.

I thought the sloppy ball to give away the goal was because of the dreadful formation we were playing where we had no-one on the right hand side of midfield or wing in front of Bacuna. He literally had no outlet the first half. I'm not saying Bacuna shouldn't of just cleared the ball or done better but I have no doubt that would of been avoided had we not played such a stupid formation in the first half.

I think he is better on the right handside of midfield. He is poor defensivley

He has hardly played in midfield though and when he has, he has looked poor. I'm not sure on what basis you can conclusively state that?

Also, he has been generally very solid defensively and looks a better defender then Lowton on his showings at RB thus far.

He did have a bad game. Lazy back pass and some poor attempts going forward. I dont seem to recall him getting beat by his man much though. Most attacks came down Clarks way if I recall correctly?

• Like 1

I think he is better on the right handside of midfield. He is poor defensively

One bad backpass doesn't make him poor defensively. As C&B says, very little came down our right in that game.

I think he should play as a full back because Lowton is really good higher up the pitch, and like most of us on here I think they should both be playing.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Shocking post.

He did have a bad game. Lazy back pass and some poor attempts going forward. I dont seem to recall him getting beat by his man much though. Most attacks came down Clarks way if I recall correctly?

No that is true. Although he was up against Brunt who isn't really the sort of player who beats his man. Whereas Clark was up against Amalfitano.

• Like 1