2013 - British & Irish Lions in Australia

villaajax

They have gone for Corbs as he is better in the scrum, they will bring on mako after 60 mins to ball carry.  I would of gone for Zebo on the bench rather than Maitland.  Started with Tipuric at openside witl Warbuton at blindside.  If Kearney would have had more game time I would have started him at fullback and moved Halfpenny to the wing.

Stunned Lydiate is on the bench instead of O'Brien or Faletau. Bit of Wales bias there methinks.

I do agree with his selection of Corbs to start. Mako off the bench is some quality damage. Just wish he could have come on at same time as say O'Brien and have two big impact ball carriers to punch holes in a tired Australia. 

Can't really fault the rest of the team selection, Zebo hasn't had enough time with the squad to be part in this test. Bowe and Roberts will be back for next game. 

With that idiot Poite in charge of the 3rd Test we need to be winning this one. 

Can't wait for Saturday, let's smash them lads. Come on. 

Warburton shouldn't start tbh. But he has to because he's captain. 

O'Connell should have been handed the captaincy again. He's a loud leader and his place in the side is a certainty when fit. O'Driscoll would've been a good choice too and both being former captains and vastly experienced would've commanded respect of the squad instantly. 

But it's nit picking. Team is picked and I can't wait for it now. C'mon Lions smash them. 

Poor.

All about the tests though.

I think Falateu was magnificent.

Kearney may have just squeezed himself ahead of Hogg for a bench spot. I love Hogg, but if Halfpenny for injured after 10 mins, I know who's I'd want seeing out the match at fullback.

Murray, Best, Barritt, Twelvetrees all have work to do to not be midweek players for the rest of the tour.

Scott Quinnell doing his nut on Sky :lol:

What's he saying? He was brilliant after the game on Saturday :).

Couldn't watch the game as I'm at work. Didn't sound great. How did Wade get on? Can't imagine he saw much of the ball.

Paul Wallace said maybe the Aussie guys wanted it more and he was going crazy "How on Earth can they want it more?! This is the Lions!" Very funny.

Wade didn't really get a sniff of the ball at all. Ugly match, if he'd been around for some of the drubbings, he'd have scored at least a couple.

Not sure on that team.

We should win this series 3-0 with the available options, and the fact Australia are by a distance the weakest SH team, and probably 3 of their best players are injured, If we don't at least win it overall, I'll be fuming.

O'Brien should be at least on the bench, and you need at least one of Hogg or Kearney there. Warburton needs a massive massive performance to shut whingers like me up, because on form, he shouldn't even be on the bench.

Lions!

I feel those butterflies, those nerves, churning away deep in the pit of my stomach. But I don't fear them, I use them, those butterflies are growing bigger and getting stronger, they're turning in to lions and they're roaring!

:)

Coffee & croissants at the ready.

Here's hoping for a fast start.

Croissants? On British & Irish lions day? You're a disgrace ;)

I know less about rugby than I do equine dentistry but is this likely to be a low scoring game?

No I doubt it, one thing is for certain there will be more blood and guts than on Grand National day.

I know less about rugby than I do equine dentistry but is this likely to be a low scoring game?

No I doubt it, one thing is for certain there will be more blood and guts than on Grand National day.

Oh well, that's a waste of £20 then. Thanks though.

My problem with Barritt is that he is not even British, the only reason he is playing for England is that he was not good enough for the South African side.  I know people will say NZ do it  and other countries but I just don't agree with it.  It would be different if he grow up here, like Manu.  I would of took Hook or Maddigan both offer much more going forward.

Bloody foreigners coming over here and getting in our teams!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik

Â