2013 - British & Irish Lions in Australia

villaajax

Cooper makes too many errors. It is not because he is a bad player, but because he takes a lot of risks.

O'Connor is a safer bet but still a very, very good player. 

The backs aren't the problem for the Aussies, their back-row is missing some big hitters though and that is where the Lions strength is.

Zebo, good player, can play full back as well, think it gave him the edge over Wade.  Twelvetrees played well for England, think if a centre goes down he could be on the plane.

Twelvetrees has had the call up!.  good player how he is not first choice for England I do not know!

Whole win and performance marred by Roberts injury. I think in future we need to play less of these games. Do warm ups elsewhere not in the country we're touring. Maybe 2 games and the 3 tests in the tour country.

Good game, that. Sexton was excellent but Davies & Halfpenny looked a class above every one but Drew Mitchell. What a beard that man has.

Roberts would be a blow, but to be honest, I think he makes the game plan a bit predictable and the Aussies are clever enough to stop him. I think they would worry more about a Davies/O'Driscoll partnership.

Yep, can't disagree with that, Davies had another stormer and I'm happy to be proved very wrong about him :). Surely played himself into the test side now.

Wade and Barritt on the plane.

Not a fan of Davies at all but he was excellent this morning.

Problem is, he does his best work in space created by others, him at 12 and O'Driscoll at 13 may not be the best combination for midfield biffing, but I think we'll prob go with it now. Manu to come around 55 mins and wreak havoc.

Warbo was always starting the first test, so it's good he had a decent game today. I'd start next Sat with...

15 - Halfpenny

14 - Zebo

13 - O'Driscoll

12 - Davies

11 - North

10 - Sexton

9 - Phillips

1 - Vunipola

2 - Hibbard

3 - Jones

4 - Gray

5 - AW Jones

6 - Tipuric

7 - Warbo ©

8 - Falateu

I'd actually start Croft and Tipuric myself, but Warbs will definitely play.

Wilkinson would have come out ahead of Barritt and Twelvetrees were he not injured, or rejected another call up.

Robshaw isn't needed and is well behind any of the back rowers in terms of performance, where we are exceptionally strong and have no injuries.

Williams is a funny one, but he's just in for one midweek game before the tests to protect our big players.

After yesterday I'd be tempted to bring out Yarde or Eastmond as a gamble midweek player/test bench if we get any more back injuries.

It's funny, I half-jokingly said to my mate last week that I could see Shane Williams getting a call! I didn't really expect it to happen, though! Fair play to him. I'm looking forward to seeing him have a run out.

Â