2013 - British & Irish Lions in Australia

villaajax

Can't see either as Cole is poor in the scrum and Gatland loves Adam Jones, Farrell may get in if Sexton gets injured just before kick off and they can't get a replacement.

Not sure Healy is that bad apart from trying to ruck Dan Cole out of a ruck after he had brought down a driving maul.

If your going to rule out every player who has had a small misdemeanour than most of the side would be missing.

Cole is poor in the scrum?!? My friend, you are talking absolute horseshit. Healy trying to ruck him? Don't get me started on that. Just plain wrong. Must be an English thing...

See this is what **** me off. You can't seem to have a reasonable/subjective debate with a large proportion of (NOTE: not all) Welsh and/or Irish rugby fans without anti-English blinkers coming on. 

Of course, all English players are shit. We're not allowed to mention beating New Zealand as it was a "one-off" but at the same time, a performance in one game can be cited for why Wales are awesome (I forget the last time Ireland had an exceptional performance).  They were utter shit for a year prior to that, getting beaten and outclassed at home by Samoa no less. We have to discount recent history/form against SH nations when it comes to England do we?

I don't think Farrell is better than Sexton but he's not a bad player like some are suggesting. Yes, he was outplayed by Wilkinson in the semi, but that discounts the fact that Sarries made it to the semis with him in the team and finished top of the premiership. Let's not forget, he's only 21. All young players will have a few stinkers here and there. Anyone who suggests Farrell was average against the All Blacks is being disingenuous or wasn't watching the game. Maybe watching Wales lose to Australia, again? ;) 

• Like 2

A lot of people seem to pick Roberts at centre. I actually think that Tuilagi will win the place. He has everything to his game and is still learning. He will be a star of the game and this tour could launch him there.

I can see this backs selection being very close to the first test team, aside from the actual back row, so many options there it's unreal.

So frustrating Gatland has named Warbo captain as that means there's essentially only one position up for grabs with Faletau sure to be in at 8.

I'd have liked to have seen Croft and Tipuric get at the Aussies.

Yep a back row of Croft, Tipuric and Faletau for me, too. Would like to have seen Ben Morgan in the mix as well.

I must admit, I'm a bit concerned the tests might be a little underwhelming with all the injuries the Aussies have got. Would be much more interesting if they were at full strength.

Edited by JB

Cole got done in the scrum against Wales and Ireland, he is not great in the scrum, decent around the park.  No chance of him getting in ahead of Adam Jones.  Not Anti English picked at least three English  players who should of made the tour Morgan, Wade and Launchbury. 

Just bored by the Healy haters, he put his boot on a player killing the ball.  I watched that game in an English rugby club house and the guy next to me said well Cole was killing the ball.  Healy is a quality player.   

Can't see either as Cole is poor in the scrum and Gatland loves Adam Jones, Farrell may get in if Sexton gets injured just before kick off and they can't get a replacement.

Not sure Healy is that bad apart from trying to ruck Dan Cole out of a ruck after he had brought down a driving maul.

If your going to rule out every player who has had a small misdemeanour than most of the side would be missing.

Cole is poor in the scrum?!? My friend, you are talking absolute horseshit. Healy trying to ruck him? Don't get me started on that. Just plain wrong. Must be an English thing...

See this is what **** me off. You can't seem to have a reasonable/subjective debate with a large proportion of (NOTE: not all) Welsh and/or Irish rugby fans without anti-English blinkers coming on. 

Of course, all English players are shit. We're not allowed to mention beating New Zealand as it was a "one-off" but at the same time, a performance in one game can be cited for why Wales are awesome (I forget the last time Ireland had an exceptional performance).  They were utter shit for a year prior to that, getting beaten and outclassed at home by Samoa no less. We have to discount recent history/form against SH nations when it comes to England do we?

I don't think Farrell is better than Sexton but he's not a bad player like some are suggesting. Yes, he was outplayed by Wilkinson in the semi, but that discounts the fact that Sarries made it to the semis with him in the team and finished top of the premiership. Let's not forget, he's only 21. All young players will have a few stinkers here and there. Anyone who suggests Farrell was average against the All Blacks is being disingenuous or wasn't watching the game. Maybe watching Wales lose to Australia, again? ;) 

Last time Ireland were exceptional, maybe when England rocked up to win the grand slam in Dublin 2011.

Wow there's an ignore function!!!! Awesome. That'll be put to use for sure. 

Enough derailment indeed. That was superb from the Lions today. Couldn't ask for a better start. 

If Healy did bite then he should be banned, it is just an allegation at the moment. 

I thought O' Brien played well , showed some nice off loading, Heaslip put insome big carries.  Think North, Sexton and Halfpenny have the test spots to lose. 

can't wait for Saturday.

Knowing Healey is a dirty player, I'm really not surprised.

Great performance today, shame Western Force couldn't field their strongest team though. Halfpenny's kicking was brilliant and it was nice to see most of the England players getting over the try line!

Right, I've just had to remove numerous posts from various posters who I'm certain are old enough and smart enough to know some of this stuff has no place in a thread on VT let alone in a thread discussing rugby!

This is supposed to be a sport loved by those above the petty stuff that goes with football and the Lions tour is supposed to be the one time we join forces against the Aussie's.

I can't actually believe some of the stuff posted in this thread. People will be getting PM's as a result and if it continues people will find themselves unable to post on the site.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

Â