2013 - British & Irish Lions in Australia

villaajax

Not a fan of Davies at all but he was excellent this morning.

Problem is, he does his best work in space created by others, him at 12 and O'Driscoll at 13 may not be the best combination for midfield biffing, but I think we'll prob go with it now. Manu to come around 55 mins and wreak havoc.

Warbo was always starting the first test, so it's good he had a decent game today. I'd start next Sat with...

15 - Halfpenny

14 - Zebo

13 - O'Driscoll

12 - Davies

11 - North

10 - Sexton

9 - Phillips

1 - Vunipola

2 - Hibbard

3 - Jones

4 - Gray

5 - AW Jones

6 - Tipuric

7 - Warbo ©

8 - Falateu

I'd actually start Croft and Tipuric myself, but Warbs will definitely play.

What an amazing English biased pack ya got there.  :rolleyes:

O'Connell will of course start. Heaslip probably too, O'Brien will pay for his versatility and be on the bench.

Problem is, he does his best work in space created by others, him at 12 and O'Driscoll at 13 may not be the best combination for midfield biffing, but I think we'll prob go with it now. Manu to come around 55 mins and wreak havoc.

Warbo was always starting the first test, so it's good he had a decent game today. I'd start next Sat with...

15 - Halfpenny

14 - Zebo

13 - O'Driscoll

12 - Davies

11 - North

10 - Sexton

9 - Phillips

1 - Vunipola

2 - Hibbard

3 - Jones

4 - Gray

5 - AW Jones

6 - Tipuric

7 - Warbo ©

8 - Falateu

What an amazing English biased pack ya got there. :rolleyes:

O'Connell will of course start. Heaslip probably too, O'Brien will pay for his versatility and be on the bench.

You've done well to see the English bias there buddy. Only one English player in the XV. Oops.

• Like 3

We're all Lions here, why bring up countries? But yeah, I'm guessing one Englishman is too many then?

Don't know what it is about Heaslip, just don't trust him to be disciplined enough.

I'd bring O'Connell on for a big push on 50-60 mins. He can't make it the full match and I'd rather have him on the pitch at the business end, Gray bring more athleticism to compliment Jones' rough stuff. Without O'Connell, I think Croft needs to start for some line out presence.

Whichever of the flankers doesn't get on the pitch is very unlucky, they're all top top players.

15 - Halfpenny

14 - Zebo

13 - O'Driscoll

12 - Davies

11 - North

10 - Sexton

9 - Phillips

1 - Vunipola

2 - Hibbard

3 - Jones

4 - Gray

5 - AW Jones

6 - Tipuric

7 - Warbo ©

8 - Falateu

What an amazing English biased pack ya got there. :rolleyes:

You've done well to see the English bias there buddy. Only one English player in the XV. Oops.

:D

I understand why lots of people aren't massive fans of Barritt; he's not a 'Lions player' as such in that he doesn't do anything glamorous but his work and tackle rates are phenomenal and often go under-appreciated. I was surprised to hear he was on his way but I'm struggling to think of any other established centres who deserved the call more?

I'm so **** excited about Saturday! I can't wait for kick off. I'm hoping the Aussies will be a bit rusty after 6 months without a test. I wouldn't be surprised by any result to be honest. Even without Cooper, that Aussie backline is awesome and will cause no doubt cause us a fair few problems. I wouldn't pick Cuthbert as I think his defensive shortcomings will be exposed. Really hoping that North and BOD are fit.

My problem with Barritt is that he is not even British, the only reason he is playing for England is that he was not good enough for the South African side.  I know people will say NZ do it  and other countries but I just don't agree with it.  It would be different if he grow up here, like Manu.  I would of took Hook or Maddigan both offer much more going forward.

I think it'll be a smash 'em, bash 'em game plan until around 60 minutes then the big ball carriers like O'Brien/Manu/North will come on to exploit the space.

I agree with this. We'll keep it tight and hit them for the 60 mins, let them give away penalties, every one they give inside their half is a nailed on 3 points. 

Poor.

All about the tests though.

I think Falateu was magnificent.

Kearney may have just squeezed himself ahead of Hogg for a bench spot. I love Hogg, but if Halfpenny for injured after 10 mins, I know who's I'd want seeing out the match at fullback. 

Murray, Best, Barritt, Twelvetrees all have work to do to not be midweek players for the rest of the tour.

Scott Quinnell doing his nut on Sky :lol:

Edited by Tomaszk

Poor.

All about the tests though.

I think Falateu was magnificent.

Kearney may have just squeezed himself ahead of Hogg for a bench spot. I love Hogg, but if Halfpenny for injured after 10 mins, I know who's I'd want seeing out the match at fullback.

Murray, Best, Barritt, Twelvetrees all have work to do to not be midweek players for the rest of the tour.

Scott Quinnell doing his nut on Sky :lol:

What's he saying? He was brilliant after the game on Saturday :).

Couldn't watch the game as I'm at work. Didn't sound great. How did Wade get on? Can't imagine he saw much of the ball.

Did not see the game but it sounds like Best had a nightmare.  I did think it was a little bit desperate to get Shane Williams to play at 36 after a year playing in Japan.  how about Kearney to start with Halfpenny playing on the wing if North is not fit.

My problem with Barritt is that he is not even British, the only reason he is playing for England is that he was not good enough for the South African side.  I know people will say NZ do it  and other countries but I just don't agree with it.  It would be different if he grow up here, like Manu.  I would of took Hook or Maddigan both offer much more going forward.

you are TRS-T ;)

Bloody foreigners coming over here and getting in our teams!

With Manu unfit, there's not much I'd change. Zebo is unlucky/Maitland very lucky regards the bench. In fact I'd have started Zebo over Cuthbert. Can see why they've gone for Corbs over Mako.

Phillips needs one of his good games.

Â