2013 - British & Irish Lions in Australia

villaajax

Good old ding dong this. Lions rush defence is leaving too much space out wide and Genia is too good a player not to take advantage of it.

Can't call it, but thankfully Halfpenny is a more reliable kicker than O'Connor.

And yes, the ref is shit.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

I have very limited rugby knowledge but this seems to be quite a good match. A few questions if I may...

1) Does a 'test match' differ to a normal match?

2) Why can you kick the ball in to touch and receive a throw in for your own team?

I have very limited rugby knowledge but this seems to be quite a good match. A few questions if I may...

2) Why can you kick the ball in to touch and receive a throw in for your own team?

1) Test match is just a full international match

2) Two instances you get the ball back

-From a penalty. ie you're punishing the offending side

-If you kick the ball and an opposition player touches it in flight

Test means you earn an international cap, no other difference..

You can only kick out and win a throw when a penalty has been awarded

i thought if you kicked it a certain distance and it bounced before going out you got it too?

Edited by villa4europe

the test

i thought if you kicked it a certain distance and it bounced before going out you got it too?

Nope.. If you are outside your 22 in open play and kick it straight out, it is the opposition ball from where you kicked from. If the ball bounces out then the throw is from where the ball leaves the field

i thought if you kicked it a certain distance and it bounced before going out you got it too?

Nope.

The bouncing rule applies if you are kicking outside the 22. If it doesn't bounce, the lineout is taken where the ball is kicked.

Regardless, the opposition gets the ball whether the ball bounces or not.

Â