Champions League Final: Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund

maqroll

CL Final  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Lift the Trophy?

• Bayern Munich
    • Borussia Dortmund

Some Half hearted celebrations from the bayern fans there. You've just scored the winner in the champions league final!

I saw that camera shot too. One guy just stood there slowly clapping...Dortmund supporters > Bayern supporters in a major way

Great game, a truly great final. Nothing like football played at it's highest level and we saw it last night. 

Now the withdrawal sets in... :unsure:

"Our fans, it was brilliant what they did. The whole atmosphere in the stadium was brilliant. We enjoyed all the Olympic games in this town; now this big event - it was great. The weather was good, everything was OK... Only the result is sooo shit."

- Jurgen Klopp

Great character  :)

• Like 2

It most likely wouldn't have changed anything, but how the hell could it only be 3 minutes extra time? But I think the ref had a really good game. And it was a good game for a neutral. Not among the greatest games ever, but a good one. And I've watched my first CL-final for I don't know how many years.

And this is for the Rory Delap's got a long throw department, but how one footed is Robben, really? Still probably motm.

I don't know about the ref. Not sure how he can justify not sending off Ribery over the 90.

What should he be sent off for, really? Diving? I don't like Ribery, but I don't know if he should've been sent off. He got hit a few times and made the most of it. A ref can't really know if he's feigning or just in pain.

It most likely wouldn't have changed anything, but how the hell could it only be 3 minutes extra time? But I think the ref had a really good game. And it was a good game for a neutral. Not among the greatest games ever, but a good one. And I've watched my first CL-final for I don't know how many years.

And this is for the Rory Delap's got a long throw department, but how one footed is Robben, really? Still probably motm.

I don't know about the ref. Not sure how he can justify not sending off Ribery over the 90.

What should he be sent off for, really?

ibxd8dQMuw5dDN.gif

Nah, I can't say I agree that's a red. He's trying to push him away and hits him in the face. The defender wasn't really fair either. IMO that was nothing. But that's just my opinion. And the ref probably didn't see it. I think it was worse when he rolled over and looked like dying everytime he was tackled. :) But that's not easy for the ref either.

Was watching with my mate who had a couple of quid on Ribery, and Neuer to get sent off separately.

He was doing his nut when Ribery didn't go. He should have been booked 4 times.

Also Lewandowski shouldn't have stayed on the pitch because of his nasty stamp on Boateng. Overall I'd say Bayern edged it. Didn't think the game was well-controlled by the officials though.

Been seeing a lot of Bayern hate, how come people dislike them?

Because they are very rich and powerful. They are now taking the best players from the 2nd best team in Germany.

Nah, I can't say I agree that's a red. He's trying to push him away and hits him in the face. The defender wasn't really fair either. IMO that was nothing. But that's just my opinion. And the ref probably didn't see it. I think it was worse when he rolled over and looked like dying everytime he was tackled. :) But that's not easy for the ref either.

Push him away? You push with your hand. Lewandowski is a lot taller than Ribery too, so the fact he hits him in the face is very telling of his intent.

They are the German version of 90s Manchester United.

Push him away? You push with your hand. Lewandowski is a lot taller than Ribery too, so the fact he hits him in the face is very telling of his intent.

How the hell do you think he'd be able to push him away in the position they are in that moment? But I'm just stating my opinion here, not saying you are wrong. I just don't agree with it. To me it looks like Ribery is annoyed by having Lewandovsky all over him and tries to get him away from him and unintentionally hits him in the face. But of course there's a case for sending him off. And I'd be happy if he'd have to walk. I just don't think that was much of a mistake by the ref who I thought had a good game.

That reference will be lost on most of us mate.  I presume the NY Yankees are like the Bayern Munich of America? 

I think the point is that Bayern win because they have the deepest pockets.  That happens everywhere, but this season it irks the neutral fan more than it normally would because Bayern have also gone out of their way to sabotage their only real domestic rivals. 

Because they are very rich and powerful. They are now taking the best players from the 2nd best team in Germany.

On the flip side, would it be ok for Dortmund to take the best players from say, the 3rd or 4th best teams in Germany?

Bayern are the biggest and the Man Utd comparisons are spot on. When a team is successful it will always breed resentment and jealously.

I have no preference for any German team, I just wanted to see a good game of football last night and I did  :)

Edited by Xela

Â