Champions League Final: Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund

maqroll

CL Final  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Lift the Trophy?

• Bayern Munich
    • Borussia Dortmund

It most likely wouldn't have changed anything, but how the hell could it only be 3 minutes extra time? But I think the ref had a really good game. And it was a good game for a neutral. Not among the greatest games ever, but a good one. And I've watched my first CL-final for I don't know how many years.

And this is for the Rory Delap's got a long throw department, but how one footed is Robben, really? Still probably motm.

Edited by Pelle

He could, but he probably won'

Be interesting to see if Pep can defend it next year.

The only way is down for him really.  

I guess he could have an unbeaten season, invincibles..

He could, but he probably won't.  I'd imagine he is quietly hoping that Stuttgart win the German cup final next week because coming in after a treble winning season is going to be hugely difficult.  

Yeah bet he is.. But can't see it tbh, Bayern will steamrolling  them..

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Southgate: Night of the... long... knives...

:P

Why has that tickled you?  It's a common expression. 

Just considering that it's an all German final and Southgate seemed to have thought of that half way through saying it.

Without wishing to take this off topic, Howard Webb should of sent off Van Bommel and De Jong for a horror tackle on Alonsos chest, but he didn't. So if anything he favoured the Netherlands in that final.

Without wishing to take this off topic, Howard Webb should of sent off Van Bommel and De Jong for a horror tackle on Alonsos chest, but he didn't. So if anything he favoured the Netherlands in that final.

What did Van Bommel do? Yes, Webb he made a mistake with De Jong but from that point onwards every decision went Spain's way. Robben had that chance on goal where Puyol took him out from behind, no contact with the ball, that should have been a sending off, wasn't even given a yellow, even if he had that would have been his second. Before their goal the ball went out, clearly deflected out by a Spanish player and a goal kick was wrongly given. Afellay was fouled during the build up to the goal but again that was overlooked. Heitinga was given a ridiculous red card for apparently fouling Iniesta, it was barely even a barge but Iniesta made the most of it with a forward roll along the ground and even begged the Webb to send Heitinga off, filthy underhanded thing to do.

Howard Webb is a joke.

• Like 1

Van Bommel was consistently fouling throughout, to be honest I think he did 3 yellow card fouls in the game, dirty player. I also think the general Netherlands play throughout the game was very aggressive and dirty. You are looking at things through orange tinted glasses which is understandable because you are Dutch.

Everyone in the world who was not Dutch was happy that Spain won that game, because of the aforementioned statements.

Van Bommel was consistently fouling throughout, to be honest I think he did 3 yellow card fouls in the game, dirty player. I also think the general Netherlands play throughout the game was very aggressive and dirty. You are looking at things through orange tinted glasses which is understandable because you are Dutch.

Everyone in the world who was not Dutch was happy that Spain won that game, because of the aforementioned statements.

Everyone just jumps on the Spanish bandwagon. Happens all the time with winning teams.

Well how the heck did Frank Ribery stay on the pitch? What a filthy little dirtbag he is.. All he seems to do is either blatantly foul people or audition for a part as a man who has just been shot in an old Western movie with his ridiculous dives & writhing round on the floor feigning injury... Just a filthy cheat basically who gets protected by the officials because of his name.

Another game which could have had a very different outcome had the Referee given the correct decisions & sent off two Bayern players... What a joke.

It most likely wouldn't have changed anything, but how the hell could it only be 3 minutes extra time? But I think the ref had a really good game. And it was a good game for a neutral. Not among the greatest games ever, but a good one. And I've watched my first CL-final for I don't know how many years.

And this is for the Rory Delap's got a long throw department, but how one footed is Robben, really? Still probably motm.

I don't know about the ref. Not sure how he can justify not sending off Ribery over the 90.

I'm not Dutch, and I wanted the Dutch to win.

I just **** hate Spanish teams, that's all :D

• Like 1

I'm born'd and bred 'mmuuuurkin and I wanted the Dutch to win. Spain was and is soooooo freaking dull to watch. It says a lot about that final that the best and most exciting chances were Dutch counterattacks that Robben flubbed and/or Casillas thwarted.

Also, people spouting off about how the Dutch approached that game (anit-football, etc) is somewhat bemusing, given how on the occasions Chelsea has played Barcelona over the past few seasons (especially away), they've employed a physical stifle-and-counter game, same as the Dutch used v. Spain, only to be lauded as tactically brilliant. "That's how you beat teams that can keep the ball better than you, you tackle hard, stop them from playing, catch 'em on the break" ad infinitum from pundit and punter alike

• Like 3

Â