Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

Sky actually rent some of Virgin Medias fiber. Good thing with Virgin is the picture quality doesn't deteriorate in poor weather conditions and Tivo is awesome. Bad thing, no Sky Atlantic and they havent signed up to this new BT Football.

I'd be surprised if Virgin don't sign up with BT Sport before the start of the season. They left it late with ESPN and the Sky F1 channel (presumably in an attempt to get a better deal with the broadcasters) but usually end up with the channels. Sky Atlantic is an exception - gutted about that.

But I'd definitely recommend Virgin - broadband is really quick, reliable and TiVo is pretty awesome.

Sky actually rent some of Virgin Medias fiber. Good thing with Virgin is the picture quality doesn't deteriorate in poor weather conditions 

Yeah that is one bad thing about Sky.

Even in heavy rain I get poor reception on my signal. Last night, for example, the football was interrupted a few times because of the weather.

• 7 months later...

Just moved to a flat with a communal dish.  It seems there is only one SAT feed in the living room.  I have been reading online and it seems that because of this I can get Sky + but I can only record the channel I am watching because it is a single feed.  Is there any way I can change this to a dual feed easily or is it going to involve an engineer coming out and doing it?

You need to have a look at the dish and see if there is a spare oulet on the LNB. If so you could run a co-aux cable from the vacant port to the spare inlet on your Sky+ box.

In short... you'll probably need a sky engineer.

if there was anything specific I want to see on sky sports I buy the day pass on now tv for 9.99

done so for villa-arsenal.

its worth it if theres a super sunday with 2/3 games on the day.

talk talk has the most flexible bundles (can be switched on and off monthly)

bt has free bt sport with bt broadband (so champs league games in 2 yrs)

Just moved to a flat with a communal dish.  It seems there is only one SAT feed in the living room.  I have been reading online and it seems that because of this I can get Sky + but I can only record the channel I am watching because it is a single feed.  Is there any way I can change this to a dual feed easily or is it going to involve an engineer coming out and doing it?

Same situation as myself - however I had some post through from Sky yesterday (though judging from the content it should have really have gone to the developers) - Sky can now offer a cut-price engineer out to fit some extra stuff to the dish / inputs which will allow people to put a signal splitter on their faceplate (in their home) to get full functionality (i.e. 2 the ability to record something else without the sky box freaking out and ending up on a BSOD...)

• 10 months later...

I cancelled my sub and they rang me on the last day before the screens went blank I was on a package of movies ssp1 only and variety .....they threw in multi room all the channels and hd etc for the same price I was paying before 

• 1 year later...

Couldn't find a better topic for this question.

I left Sky a year ago purely because I didn't like supporting Rupert Murdoch's empire.

Has anyone else left Sky for that reason? Is anyone else uneasy about it but not enough to leave?

Would they do better without Murdoch if a lot of the leavers are doing it for the same reasons?

18 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Couldn't find a better topic for this question.

I left Sky a year ago purely because I didn't like supporting Rupert Murdoch's empire.

Has anyone else left Sky for that reason? Is anyone else uneasy about it but not enough to leave?

Would they do better without Murdoch if a lot of the leavers are doing it for the same reasons?

hate Murdoch with  a passion i loathe that i give this creep my money but i went without sky for a while and it was lame on those nights in. virgin sucks couldn't stand them. haven't tried BT, but I heard they have far less channels

• 1 month later...

i have the complete package with Sky, TV, BB, Phone and paying a whopping £103 pm. Anyhow, the picture has been playing up somewhat (pixlating) so i phoned them and they want to charge me for an engineer to come out or sell me insurance. I told them i didnt want this. Several calls later i was just offered a free engineer call out, i also said i could not afford it and asked for a discount. Told me they could not do it so i cancelled the lot there and then said i will go to Virgin for the same package for £65. The cancellation comes in on the 10th Sept.

Anyone know if Sky will call me at anytime to try to get me to stay and offer me a discount? Or if i want to stay with Sky and want a discount, whats the best way to go about this? Chat on line? Phone back? I dont really want to move as this is hassle but i will if need be.

Anybody else been through a similar thing/process?

17 minutes ago, imavillan said:

i have the complete package with Sky, TV, BB, Phone and paying a whopping £103 pm. Anyhow, the picture has been playing up somewhat (pixlating) so i phoned them and they want to charge me for an engineer to come out or sell me insurance. I told them i didnt want this. Several calls later i was just offered a free engineer call out, i also said i could not afford it and asked for a discount. Told me they could not do it so i cancelled the lot there and then said i will go to Virgin for the same package for £65. The cancellation comes in on the 10th Sept.

Anyone know if Sky will call me at anytime to try to get me to stay and offer me a discount? Or if i want to stay with Sky and want a discount, whats the best way to go about this? Chat on line? Phone back? I dont really want to move as this is hassle but i will if need be.

Hi mate.  I cancelled Sky over 2 years ago and for 18 months I got calls and cards offering me Sky Sports for only a third of what I was originally paying! My advice to you would be to get a fire tv stick for £35 and install kodi and mobdro on it. I cant go into too much detail on here, but suffice to say that you really wont be missing out on anything that sky give you now with no monthly subscription!  In fact you will be getting far more, and for free.  Its best if you have a good broadband speed!

19 minutes ago, imavillan said:

cancellation comes in on the 10th Sept.

@Kingman has posted the details loads of times in other threads. You've basically got no need to panic . 

He's previously posted:

Dude, Cancel your TV Package on the phone and within minutes if you login via the sky service app you will have a 50% off tv offer waiting. 

Failing that go here https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky and get 50% off TV + £50 credit. 

You must cancel tv package over the phone though so your 31 day cancelation notice is showing active before you can get the above discounts applied.

• Like 1

Â