Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

In response to a question about us potentially being interested in Charlie Austin (who is about to sign for Hull I think):

@JamesNursey 7m

@stewartcole79 told #AVFC Lambert v pleased with signings so far. Now wants rid of Bent/Ireland & will then buy a No.10 striker.

Last part of the tweet is the key. Makes a lot of sense.

Edited by Wes

In response to a question about us potentially being interested in Charlie Austin (who is about to sign for Hull I think):

@JamesNursey 7m

@stewartcole79 told #AVFC Lambert v pleased with signings so far. Now wants rid of Bent/Ireland & will then buy a No.10 striker.

Last part of the tweet is the key. Makes a lot of sense.

Hope we don't miss out on anybody having to wait for Bent's sale!

Cannot believe that Crewe only want £750,000 for Murphy. If we were ever interested in him, surely we would act now.

Perhaps we have a different target in the pipeline? Only explanation I can think of for not bidding.

That is all I can think of. Cheap as chips.

Interesting that he's used the striker term twice in a row. Not sure if it's Nursey just adding the 'striker' part to the '#10 role' or the exact terminology mentioned to him by a source. Some people see #10 as more of a link man, some as a second goalscorer. Let's just run with this a little bit...

Striker means goals. So from the sound of it they're looking for more of a finisher than a creator (although both would be ideal). If it's a goalscoring attacking midfielder they're after that would ring true with the information we got from either Tonev or Popov (I forget who exactly), that they were looking to add more goals from long range, and more goals from midfield in general.

I'm going to go back up in my scout balloon and see if I can narrow down some people that fit this specific criteria.

Edited by Wes
  • Like 3

Herrera is a good shout. I've seen him play a fair few times and he could definitely play in the hole for us

Indeed, if it was a creator and tempo controlling player we wanted. Read the first half of this good blogpost that focused on Herrera and just try not to want him on your team.

Mbia is in  messy place down in QPR. Does he stay there languishing in the fizzy pop league or does he move for less wages to an improving side in the Premier League where he can be cornerstone of the side? Plus if he did move for less money per week would QPR not have to make up the difference on his current contract?

Out of interest I wonder if it is true about QPR not putting a clause in the new players contract regarding a decreased pay if relegated. If so, what idiocy!

He is only on loan there. still marseille player

Mbia is in  messy place down in QPR. Does he stay there languishing in the fizzy pop league or does he move for less wages to an improving side in the Premier League where he can be cornerstone of the side? Plus if he did move for less money per week would QPR not have to make up the difference on his current contract?

Out of interest I wonder if it is true about QPR not putting a clause in the new players contract regarding a decreased pay if relegated. If so, what idiocy!

He is only on loan there. still marseille player

QPR player. Signed on a perm

Interesting that he's used the striker term twice in a row. Not sure if it's Nursey just adding the 'striker' part to the '#10 role' or the exact terminology mentioned to him by a source. Some people see #10 as more of a link man, some as a second goalscorer. Let's just run with this a little bit...

Striker means goals. So from the sound of it they're looking for more of a finisher than a creator (although both would be ideal). If it's a goalscoring attacking midfielder they're after that would ring true with the information we got from either Tonev or Popov (I forget who exactly), that they were looking to add more goals from long range, and more goals from midfield in general.

I'm going to go back up in my scout balloon and see if I can narrow down some people that fit this specific criteria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshi_Kiyotake

• Like 1

Surprised we haven't been linked with someone competing with Guzan ? Just Siegrist now who hasn't had any first team experience.

Backup for Lowton and maybe another CDM would be nice providing we can offload a few.

We was some young goalie from Norwich I think - Jedd something

unless I've missed something, Given hasn't actually left yet

Looking to move by all accounts so as good as gone. It'd be stupid of PL to assume he'll still be here and not plan a replacement.