Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I still think we've only signed one first team player so far this window.

I'm all for signing foreign people I've never heard of but I want quality additions too.

How do you know the players won't prove to be quality additions?

How I view the squad currently assuming Helenius' move does work out:

Guzan/Siegreist

Lowton/?????? ----- Vlaar/Clark ------- Okore/Baker ----- ??????/Bennett

Westwood/El Ahmadi --- Delph/Sylla -----------

Weimann/Albrighton -----------  ??????/Gardner ------------ Agbonlahor/Tonev

Benteke/Helenius

Squad: Steer, Herd, Bacuna

In:

Bacuna £unknown

Helenius £unknown

Tonev £2.5m

Okore £4m

Steer - linked

Out:

Lichaj: Free

Makoun £2.5m

Overall

£4m+ out thus far

Edited by Wes
  • Like 1

I'm all for signing foreign people I've never heard of but I want quality additions too.

Obviously because they've come from inferior leagues and inferior teams so will definitely not improve our team.

*Sarcasm* 

Okore is total 100% guaranteed top notch quality.

I dont care what we paid for him he is worth it. So highly rated at the club you would not believe. This time next year we will be bricking it that he could leave us for 30M

the lad is immense

This.

It's the impression I'm given anyway, also from what little I've seen. He is and is going to be a top, top player.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Obviously because they've come from inferior leagues and inferior teams so will definitely not improve our team.

*Sarcasm* 

Just based on reports from people/fans of their respective leagues who know more about the players than you do having watched a two minute youtube clip. They're young and will fight for their place so that's good I suppose.

I'm all for signing these young hungry types for 1-3m but at the same time, we need to think about adding some real quality. The likes of Popov and Belhanda who are stand out young players at their own clubs, now.

I completely trust Lambert. so UTV. 

Great looking picture there Wes with the squad.

Certainly better than what we've had to endure the last couple of years that's for sure.

I think if we can get a good left back now and a really top qualify central midfield player then we will have strengthened the spine of the team so much, and I'm really positive with our personnel.

Okore is total 100% guaranteed top notch quality.

I dont care what we paid for him he is worth it.  So highly rated at the club you would not believe.  This time next year we will be bricking it that he could leave us for 30M 

the lad is immense

I'm not saying I'm not happy with the signing, but how do you know this with such certainty?

How I view the squad currently assuming Helenius' move does work out:

Guzan/Siegreist

Lowton/?????? ----- Vlaar/Clark ------- Okore/Baker ----- ??????/Bennett

Westwood/El Ahmadi --- Delph/Sylla -----------

Weimann/Albrighton -----------  ??????/Gardner ------------ Agbonlahor/Tonev

Benteke/Helenius

Squad: Steer, Herd, Bacuna

In:

Bacuna £unknown

Helenius £unknown

Tonev £2.5m

Okore £4m

Steer - linked

Out:

Lichaj: Free

Makoun £2.5m

Overall

£4m+ out thus far

As far as i've heard Bacuna likes to play CM, so he will be the missing piece in your ?????/Gardner. I know Wiki says winger, but he's pretty versatile i've heard. 

Legov,  obviously football is a game of opinions,  especially when a player hasnt actually played any time for us yet.  However,  I will say this I am as sure about this lad being a huge feck off star and success for us as I have been since any signing in the last 20 years.

He will be immense for us and feel free to bookmark this and berate me if he has a bad season.  I dont think you'll be doing that by the way.

As far as i've heard Bacuna likes to play CM, so he will be the missing piece in your ?????/Gardner. I know Wiki says winger, but he's pretty versatile i've heard. 

It's because he is so versatile that I simply decided to put him in the squad buffer for now but you could well be right.

Legov,  obviously football is a game of opinions,  especially when a player hasnt actually played any time for us yet.  However,  I will say this I am as sure about this lad being a huge feck off star and success for us as I have been since any signing in the last 20 years.

He will be immense for us and feel free to bookmark this and berate me if he has a bad season.  I dont think you'll be doing that by the way.

I was just wondering in particular how you knew he was that highly rated at Nordsjaelland. I did a quick google and couldn't find any Danish forums (lol)

I'm really pleased with the Okore signing, mind. Think he will be a good addition to our defense. 

I believe Tonev, Helenius and Bacuna will all be squad players to begin with. Not the end of the world really.

Many of us thought Benteke and Westwood were cover signings last year...just saying.

Okay Chosen Few - Who next? I am expecting another total unknown from our fantastic scout networking system to be revealed soon. The way things are going we'll soon be using that well known Stingray saying, "Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour!"

How fabulous is this transfer window so far? So, sooooooooooooo lovin' it. :)

Okay Chosen Few - Who next? I am expecting another total unknown from our fantastic scout networking system to be revealed soon. The way things are going we'll soon be using that well known Stingray saying, "Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour!"

How fabulous is this transfer window so far? So, sooooooooooooo lovin' it. :)

Helenius at the weekend/next week hopefully.

After that? If rumours are to be believed Jed Steer, a Norwich youth keeper, to provide competition for Siegrest for that backup role.

Edited by Wes