Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

After they rejected £3m last week? we should do business with them more often

Danish media are saying it is a record breaking fee for the club at just over 20m Krone, which works out at between 2.3m and 2.5m pounds.

We probably offered less than £3m last week, maybe more around the £1m Lambert trademark figure. I believe the local press in the countries we're buying from, rather than our local press, we already know how much they inflate the figures from Westwood, Sylla, Lowton and Benteke.

Bent going to Newcastle would be really good .. I think they're changing and trying to get some English players .. Which would let them little bit out of the foreign market .. And that could make it easier for us out there .. Especially in France ..

+ We have a space in the wage bell .. And the fee we get !

Anyway I think this is a hard one tbh ..

Bent going to Newcastle would be really good .. I think they're changing and trying to get some English players .. Which would let them little bit out of the foreign market .. And that could make it easier for us out there .. Especially in France ..

I think Newcastle's plight should serve to teach others, including ourselves.

That side should have been nowhere near the relegation zone, regardless of their injuries.

If we sign the players who have been linked, then I think we should start to look a bit closer to home for any further additions. 

Edited by Shillzz

I think Newcastle's plight should serve to teach others, including ourselves.

That side should have been nowhere near the relegation zone, regardless of their injuries.

If we sign the players who have been linked, then I think we should start to look a bit closer to home for any further additions. 

Its my guess that is the plan anyway.

plus we have a lot of lads who have been brought up by the club, some of whom are first team regulars. it's not like all of a sudden we are going to have a full squad of players whose first language isn't the managers, foreign cliques and all that shit. PL wouldn't let that happen even if we did sign a shedload of players from one country or another anyway.

Newcastle United aren't interested in shelling out a huge fee for Darren Bent.

It is understood that while Alan Pardew is good friends with Bent, the £6million tag for the Aston Villa man is too high.

The Birmingham club paid £18million for Bent from Sunderland two years ago, however, the move hasn't worked out for the Londoner.

The former England international has been offered to a host of clubs, including United, but with Bent wanting £70,000 per week the demands are way above the budget at Newcastle.

At 29 Bent does not fit into United's blueprint as they are still looking to add younger blood to their ranks.

Bent made 23 appearances last term scoring six goals but has been told he can leave Villa.

Reports from the capital claimed that there was interest yet history shows that Mike Ashley wants to avoid the days of high earners seeing out their career on Tyneside - something that was written in the club's blueprint in 2010.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-not-interested-huge-4304846

Once these two danes are signed up I very much hope belhanda will be added to the squad and a left back as competition for Bennett and we as good to go, actually probably need a rb too. But delighted with the progress made so far.

Six million pounds for a 29 year old Darren Bent is a bargain!  In the right formation he will get you around 20 goals a season.  Two years of an age difference from when he came to us but surely six million is doable for a club like Fulham?  Get on with their manager too.  The only stumbling bock i his wage demands...